• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Ok, I just got a stripped lower to start my first SBR build. Question 4a says name and location of original manufacturer. The help video in here suggests that I would enter spikes tactical plus their city and state. But as I read the instructions in the packet, I'm under the impression that I should enter my name and address since Im assembling the firearm for parts. So, which is it?

Also, I live in Greenwood and have read were people have trouble with certain LEO's not signing. Any trouble in Greenwood?

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Greenwood is GTG on sign offs , come by the shop if you need any help.

Good. I was talking to you in the shop the other day. I may run the forms over to you tomorrow evening so you can double check to make sure I didn't mess them up.

:D

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Ok, I just got a stripped lower to start my first SBR build. Question 4a says name and location of original manufacturer. The help video in here suggests that I would enter spikes tactical plus their city and state. But as I read the instructions in the packet, I'm under the impression that I should enter my name and address since Im assembling the firearm for parts. So, which is it?

Also, I live in Greenwood and have read were people have trouble with certain LEO's not signing. Any trouble in Greenwood?

Your the builder of the SBR

From the Form 1 instructions:

i. Serial Numbers and other Markings. If an existing firearm is being
    modified into an NFA firearm, enter the existing serial number of the
    firearm into item 4g and the name and address of the original
    manufacturer into item 4a.
    Do not Alter or Modify the Existing
    Serial Number . If the NFA firearm is being made from parts, your
    name and address are to be entered into 4a and a serial number you
    create is to be entered into item 4g.

You are making an SBR from an existing firearm. Enter Spike's info into 4a. If you were making something from scratch, you would enter your own info.

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    From the Form 1 instructions:

i. Serial Numbers and other Markings. If an existing firearm is being
    modified into an NFA firearm, enter the existing serial number of the
    firearm into item 4g and the name and address of the original
    manufacturer into item 4a.
    Do not Alter or Modify the Existing
    Serial Number . If the NFA firearm is being made from parts, your
    name and address are to be entered into 4a and a serial number you
    create is to be entered into item 4g.

You are making an SBR from an existing firearm. Enter Spike's info into 4a. If you were making something from scratch, you would enter your own info.
    correct if you put your info in 4a they will kick it back. This is also the reason some people say you don't have to engrave it. :stickpoke:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Now, when you file a 5320.20 on a Form 1'd gun, they will accept either your name (which to me is proper, as YOU made it into an NFA firearm) or the original MFG of the receiver or firearm.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    Got my 2 copies of form 1 done and have attached tpmy picture. Heading to Greenwood PD tomorrow am to get finger printed and get forms signed. Hope it doesnt take long to get back so I get get the the ATF,

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I got finger printed and dropped off 2 copies of Form 1 for the chief to sign off in the morning. Hopfully, I get them back eark next week and then off to the ATF for my 6 month wait.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I dropped off my forms for the Greenwood Police Chief to sign on 6/7/13. Called on 6/20/13 stating forms had been signed.

1. NFA Item: SBR AR-15 5.56mm
    2. Form Type: Form 1
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms Sent: 6/21/13
    5. Check Cashed:
    6. Pending Date:
    7. Approved Date:
    8. Forms Received:
    9. Examiner Name:
    10. Notes:

xryan.jacksonx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I got finger printed and dropped off 2 copies of Form 1 for the chief to sign off in the morning. Hopfully, I get them back eark next week and then off to the ATF for my 6 month wait.

I got mine back in just over six and my application was in well before Sandyhook. Supposedly the NFA branch hired more examiners, but a quick google search doesn't reveal anything recent.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

The mfr. of the lower goes in 4a.

You are the "maker" of the SBR, which is different from the "original manufacturer".

Top Bottom