• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    Decided to call and check on my form 4 since its been close to 5 months. The guy I spoke with said it went problem status. He then transfered me to another woman, but she was out of her office. So I won't have any other info till Monday morning.

I haven't received my forms back in the mail for correction yet, but I'm sure they will be here soon

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Make sure your SOT get on it.

It happened to me last year my SOT filled out wrong serial # on the Form 4. When I called to check on the status, I was told by NFA Branch they give the SOT 4 weeks to response. If they couldn't receive the corrections in 4 weeks, the form will be kicked back as "Denied", and I have start all over again if I choose to re-file the F4.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Make sure your SOT get on it.

It happened to me last year my SOT filled out wrong serial # on the Form 4. When I called to check on the status, I was told by NFA Branch they give the SOT 4 weeks to response. If they couldn't receive the corrections in 4 weeks, the form will be kicked back as "Denied", and I have start all over again if I choose to re-file the F4.

I would say heed this advice and get in contact with your SOT ASAP.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    BTW, it only took couple weeks after correction was made for NFA to approve it.

"Problem Status" can be many things, hope is just a typo or missed info.

Good thing is you are really close to get it.

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I had a "problem status" on my last form 1 I sent in. I left a box blank on one of the forms but filled it out on the duplicate. It's been almost a month since I've sent them back in after correcting it. Good luck with yours. Hopefully the mistake is an easily corrected one.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I just got off the phone with the lady. The FBI has a substantial backlog on fingerprint examinations. Told me it should be about two weeks and the examiner should have it on their desk.

Top Bottom