• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I am mailing out my Form 4 today but I am not sure after reading here where to send it. My papers say West Virginia but I keep seeing people say they are sending them to Georgia. I tried the FAQ but had no real luck.

HELP PLEASE

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Top right hand corner of the form.. Did your dealer not explain anything to you? I try to explain everything I have done and what the customer needs to do including: what form of payment I recommend, what blocks he must complete and the CLEO, to make copies of everything, where and how to mai the forms, and how to check the status of their trasferl when we sell a person a NFA firearm. I even give them a sheet of paper that has all the info I gave them.

"Submit in Duplicate to: National Firearms Act Branch Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, P.O. Box 530298 Atlanta, GA 30353-0298"

Copy and pasted directly from the Form.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I've never understood why that is though. Why some go there and others go there.

Allegedly, the Form 1's go straight to the NFA Branch so that they can make sure you aren't applying to make an MG. In that case, it would get kicked straight back without cashing the check. I don't know why they couldn't check this in Atlanta though.

In the case of Form 4's, they go to Atlanta, the checks are stripped out and cashed, then the forms get sent up to WV.

Your efficient .gov at work. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom