• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fort Wayne's next USPSA match is this Sunday, July 17th.

Some notes on Pistol-Caliber Carbine:
    • It has been made a provisional division, and we WILL be allowing it at the match.
    • You may only shoot in one division, not a handgun division plus PCC
    • Chamber Flags are REQUIRED. If you do not have a flag, there will be some available at registration for purchase for $2.00.
    • We do not have long-gun racks, you will need a case or a cart.
    • We will have "staging areas" in bays that do not have safe areas.
    • Please be very conscious of your muzzle. A horizontal muzzle anywhere other than a safe area or staging area is a DQ.
    • We don't intended to change the nature of our courses from what you have come to expect, So pistol shooters need not worry!
    • Please take a moment to read the rules and equipment addendum at USPSA Rules - United States Practical Shooting Association

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
    *New-shooters meeting: 9:30 A.M.
    Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
    Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.

*New-shooters meeting prior to the match: If you are new to uspsa, we'll give you a quick introduction into the basics of the game (safety, range commands, scoring).

Registration Fee:
    $20 (General entry)
    $15 (FWRR member)
    $0 (setup crew)
    Juniors shoot free with paid adult

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
    15715 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741
    41.234010/-84.888246
    Maps and directions can be found at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... www.fwrr.us

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

Hope to see you there!

-rvb

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Have a family reunion on Sunday but I'm going to try to make it. Trying to decide whether to keep with production or try out PCC for the fun of it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have a family reunion on Sunday but I'm going to try to make it. Trying to decide whether to keep with production or try out PCC for the fun of it.

As a PCC trouble maker you should know the answer.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Well PCC was shot in a Indiana USPSA match and I think everyone survived. I didn't hear any complaints and a lot of people were curious how it went.

It was odd packing a range bag without pistols or a belt.
    It was fun. I don't shoot rifle much so I was trying to learn what I could get away with and pushed a bit more each stage.
    Transitions and steel were slow. A little practice would clean this up and you would really be able to rail on the stage. I just don't have a good index with a rifle.
    Need to zero my rifle at a closer distance. Not used to shooting at such close ranges and had to change my aim point to the top perf on the A zone.
    Reloaded twice the whole day. One mandatory, one because I had too many misses on steel.
    Moving to the weak side was my biggest concern to avoid a 180 issue. As with a pistol, you just need to learn good muzzle awareness and have a plan to deal with it.
    No issues with the side berm staging area and then walking the rifle to the line. It was a little awkward trying to walk the stage one last time with the rifle in hand (held vertically w/flag).
    It was great to shoot a match without having to tuck in my shirt or wear belt with all the gear on it all day.
    While it was a lot of fun, I don't think it was any more fun than shooting my production gun and several stages I would have rather had shot that. I'll probably shoot PCC a couple of times a year if it stays a division for something different/fun.
    I predict more folks picking up PCCs to shoot based on the comments I heard today.
    https://practiscore.com/results/23084

[video=youtube_share;PQjTUkHsHVc]http://youtu.be/PQjTUkHsHVc[/video]

Darwin1973

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 6, 2015
    Columbus
    Thank you from Columbus, In. for a fun match. My son and I had a good time and thank you to our 5 man squad. Great crew to shoot with. I need to schedule more trips to the Area to shoot.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Scores are up on Practiscore as of yesterday afternoon. I will see what I can do about getting them on USPSA site as well, but its been awhile since I've done that part of it. :)
    Thanks to everyone who came out and helped with setup and teardown

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Well PCC was shot in a Indiana USPSA match and I think everyone survived. I didn't hear any complaints and a lot of people were curious how it went.

It was odd packing a range bag without pistols or a belt.
    It was fun. I don't shoot rifle much so I was trying to learn what I could get away with and pushed a bit more each stage.
    Transitions and steel were slow. A little practice would clean this up and you would really be able to rail on the stage. I just don't have a good index with a rifle.
    Need to zero my rifle at a closer distance. Not used to shooting at such close ranges and had to change my aim point to the top perf on the A zone.
    Reloaded twice the whole day. One mandatory, one because I had too many misses on steel.
    Moving to the weak side was my biggest concern to avoid a 180 issue. As with a pistol, you just need to learn good muzzle awareness and have a plan to deal with it.
    No issues with the side berm staging area and then walking the rifle to the line. It was a little awkward trying to walk the stage one last time with the rifle in hand (held vertically w/flag).
    It was great to shoot a match without having to tuck in my shirt or wear belt with all the gear on it all day.
    While it was a lot of fun, I don't think it was any more fun than shooting my production gun and several stages I would have rather had shot that. I'll probably shoot PCC a couple of times a year if it stays a division for something different/fun.
    I predict more folks picking up PCCs to shoot based on the comments I heard today.
    https://practiscore.com/results/23084

Cool!

Unless you use a very short barreled rifle, it's never going to be as fast on transitions as your pistol just because you have more mass and it's farther from you and the axis of rotation. On the other hand, for longer distances or small targets the ease of shooting a long will offset that disadvantage - like "Outer Limits" in Steel Challenge. Not much you can do for zeroing for close targets with an AR because of the physical offset of the sights/scope/dot and the boreline. If you use an EOTech, though, you can use the hash mark at 6 o'clock on the ring for aiming at close stuff. It works surprisingly well.

Top Bottom