• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Fort Wayne's June USPSA match is this Sunday, June 15! Come celebrate Father's Day run-n-gun style!

3 field courses, 2 medium courses, and a classifier.

Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
    Shooters Meeting: 9:45 A.M.
    Match Begins: 10:00 A.M.
    Registration Fee:
    $20 (non-member)
    $15 (member)
    $5 (setup crew)
    Juniors shoot free with paid adult

The Fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver (FWRR) gun club is located north of Harlan, IN, just off 37.
    15715 Rupert Rd
    Grabill, IN 46741
    41.234010/-84.888246

Maps and directions can be found at Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home

"Like" us on facebook, at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa
    Questions? Email me at ftw_uspsa@yahoo.com or PM me here.

-rvb

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    What time do you shut down registration? I get off work at 9 am in Butler, and will be heading that direction. May end up pretty close to 9:45 if I don't get right out of work. Also, estimated round count??

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    We usually shut down registration when we start the shooters meeting @ 9:45, but just get there as soon as you can, preferably before we start shooting, and well get you in. Bring 200 rounds to allow for makeup shots and reshoots.

-rvb

DEP293

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Great job today Ryan. I think we are really getting the hang of the new electronic scoring system. Thanks to all who were patient with me at registration. It was my first go at it.

Dan

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Perfect day! Who ever ordered the weather did great, Thought it went well everything ran smooth. Great Job guy's.

Sorry I had to run today all the family was at home waiting on me. I be there next time to break down.

sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    My 3rd match ever yesterday. Had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone involved. If I'm not in between midnights next time, I will for sure help with tear-down.

Being relatively new, I've got a question on the scoring. If I recall, Stage 1 was 12 paper and 7 steel for a total of 155 points. I shot a 98 (I think) but I received 70 penalty points. I'm not sure why and I don't want to make the same mistakes again. I had 2 M's on the paper targets and 5 of the 7 steel were left standing when I completed shooting. I fired 1 round at each of the steel targets. Was I penalized for not hitting the steel, even though I shot at each of them? Would I have been better off taking more time and hitting all the steel? Thanks for the help.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You get 10 points per miss, so the 2 M's on paper are 20 points and 5 steel Mikes (its a miss when you leave them standing) is 50 more to equal the 70 points. If you only shot once at each one, you probably should have taken some extras to try and put them on the ground. There does come a time when giving up on a target and moving on with the stage may be the right choice though, depending on the circumstances. Live and learn :)

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks to everyone who came out yesterday. We had a pretty good turnout considering Area 5 was this weekend, and I know we lost some folks due to father's day activites. I thought the stages were great; a big thanks to the setup crew who comes out during the week to get everything set up. Also thanks to the folks who stuck around to help tear down and put away! Many hands makes light work!

I didn't get video or still photos this time around... the wife took the cameras to my niece's b-day. hopefully some other shooters got some vids to post up here.

official scores:
    Display Match Results - Detail Page - USPSA - United States Practical Shooting Association
    practiscore scores (w/ combined results):
    https://www.practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=97e63b88-ccc2-4606-b539-a5b927f3d19d

This coming Thursday (6/19) is another practice night.

See you next month!

-rvb

Top Bottom