• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToddG330

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    TX
    Phenomenal guns right there. Anyone have any word on the shield arms mags? I've heard mixed reviews on then.

I’ve heard nothing but good on the S15 mags other than needing to change out the mag release. As a heads up Palmetto State Armory will be releasing a competitor to the S15 made of polymer that will not require changing the mag release. These haven’t been released so I don’t know what pricing or reliability will be

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    I have 15 of the shield arms mags. I carry my 43X off duty and for training. I have around 10,000 rounds with these mags and no problems. I have a silver slide, so I use the extra power springs that you can get on request from Shield.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I have 15 of the shield arms mags. I carry my 43X off duty and for training. I have around 10,000 rounds with these mags and no problems. I have a silver slide, so I use the extra power springs that you can get on request from Shield.
    I'm not following what you wrote. What does a silver slide have to do with needing extra power springs? How does the color of the slide cause the need for extra power springs?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'm not following what you wrote. What does a silver slide have to do with needing extra power springs? How does the color of the slide cause the need for extra power springs?

For some reason the early silver slide model Glocks needed a heaver spring to get the mags to work properly. Later handguns didn't have that issue... and it didn't include all silver slide Glocks.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    Apparently the early silver slide 43X and 48 had a slight frame difference from later models. Shield arms offered and increased “power” spring to assist with slide lock.

desnifter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2022
    USA
    I’m a big fan of the 43x, the standard 43 was just too small for my hands. I would love to check out the 43x mos with the tiny trijicon on it. Nice find!

HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    The 43X has become my #1 Go Too Handgun in the last few weeks
    Have been grabbing it over my Shield 2.0
    Both are great carry handguns = Light & Thin...
    M&P Shield & Glock 43X.jpg M&P Shield & Glock 43X Holsters.jpg
    Scored a Tulster AIWB Holster for the G43X & added a WTP adjustable clip just like my Shield's Holster has
    The angle is perfect for Me & has the grip right at my belt line & keeps it from digging into my guts

Haven't heard anything about the silver slide G43Xs having an issue with magazine spring tension etc.
    Guess I should look around on Glock Talk & see..

Need to get on INGO & ask some questions about Indiana & Kentucky reciprocity on the Constitutional Carry that Holcomb signed into law on 3/21/22 as I live two miles from Louisville KY

Stay Safe Out There

ToddG330

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    TX
    The 43X has become my #1 Go Too Handgun in the last few weeks
    Have been grabbing it over my Shield 2.0
    Both are great carry handguns = Light & Thin...
    View attachment 191410 View attachment 191413
    Scored a Tulster AIWB Holster for the G43X & added a WTP adjustable clip just like my Shield's Holster has
    The angle is perfect for Me & has the grip right at my belt line & keeps it from digging into my guts

Haven't heard anything about the silver slide G43Xs having an issue with magazine spring tension etc.
    Guess I should look around on Glock Talk & see..

Need to get on INGO & ask some questions about Indiana & Kentucky reciprocity on the Constitutional Carry that Holcomb signed into law on 3/21/22 as I live two miles from Louisville KY

Stay Safe Out There

My recommendation is to get a pink card. It’s worth it for reciprocity and generally simplifies things.

Top Bottom