• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    I pretty much know nothing about knives, let me just state that.

Anyway, I found a knife in my garage. On the handle it says "F A Bower:Soilingen:MAde in Germany. The blade itself is about ten inches long and says "original bowie knife" on it. THe handle looks to be made out of antlers (Fake I'm Guessing?). It has a leather sheath to it that says FABICO on it.

Is this knife worth any money at all? I have no use for it, and would like to get rid of it, but how much should I ask to sell it? A friend is wanting to buy it, but I don't know what to tell him. Its not it amazing shape or anything, but doesn't look bad. Any help is much appreciated!:yesway:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Made in Germany, imported by F. A. Bower Import Company (FABICO) a US company that went out of business in 85. The are not considered collectible so go for decent prices. Saw one on Proxbid that went for $250 but I would expect the $50 to $100 range would be normal but I would watch the ebay item to see if it sells at $150.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    That knife is not 'truly' a collector piece..... but has some value. They made that knife (which has geniune stag handle, BTW), in two different sizes.
    Yours is the larger one, and the more sought after. Made by the same plant that made Boker-Tree Brand knives..... at that time.

All of these were actually (kinda) one-of-a-kind.... as the handles were all slighty different shape. I think the 'average' selling price is about $90......

Last edited:
    Top Bottom