Found a Winchester Model 69 Short in the closet...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I don't know the first thing about rifles but after getting into handguns I remembered that when Gramps died about 10 years ago I found a .22 in his closet so I brought it home and put it in the back of my closet.

Well I got it out the other day to look at it closely for the first time.

It is a Winchester 69 Short. Yes, short only. I understand most can handle both, but the 5 round magazine only handles shorts in this one.

I have no idea what a .22 short rifle is good for? Looks in good shape. I'll take it to the range when it warms up. Probably save it for my boys.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I know people who will only squirrel hunt with 22 short. The bullet is going slower and will sooner depart its energy into the target instead of just going straight through.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My Grandpa always killed his hogs with a .22 short. Pour slop in the trough, and shoot them in the head.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    Growing up I used my dads Remington 41 single shot it would shoot s,l,or lr but dad would only let me use shorts when I got a little older I got a box of long rifles for it and I thought that was the big time :):

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    What a great find! and a short is a great small game gun! and it's a Winchester to boot! I would keep it in the safe!! thats one that can not be replaced! Not only was it your Grandfather's but it a Winchester Short only! Nice!! thanks for sharing the story!:D

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    its worth more than a normal 69.i dont have one.i have 127 22 rifles.thats a keeper

What???

Really?

Why?

I'm not about to sell it. It is a perfect rifle for the boys to shoot and it has sentimental value and its as least as old as I am, but I want to know why you say this?

Top Bottom