• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Amazon's Mechanical Turk website, but basically you can pick and choose from pretty easy tasks to do and get paid. (We're talking pennies and nickels). Most of the ones that I have looked at, have you extract information such as prices paid for items on a receipt or information from a newspaper article and put it into some kind of a form. I found this one relating to gun violence, and it looks like they want info on crimes. I'm not sure if these are gun rights or gun control people, but I have my guesses.

Here is the link if you are interested..

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/preview?groupId=3LUMOMQJBXWQES46FKKMDY879SCPL1

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ain't no source like a crowd source!

makes you mad to see all the stuff people can do from home and yet aren't. They can set their own hours, wrk at their own pace, and they refuse to make any effort.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, I registered. Wonder how long it takes for Amazon to approve the registration so that I can accept HITs.

Just found a HIT that's $60 to write a 1000 word detailed profile on a neighborhood for people who are interested in moving there. Easy money to be made.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I'm not sure on approval time. I also tutor on Studypool.com. You can make about $1-5 for easy questions that you answer, if it is selected by the question asker as the best.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm not sure on approval time. I also tutor on Studypool.com. You can make about $1-5 for easy questions that you answer, if it is selected by the question asker as the best.
    I'll check that out too.

I used to put in a few hours a week on Cha-Cha as a guide, but the money was so little it wasn't worth it.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    I've answered 4 questions this week and made just under $8. I spent roughly a half hour to 45 min on it on studypool. You can also take on paid assignments for even more money, up to $100. They also buy old papers and tests.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I used to use M-turk quite frequently, I only quit using it due to other things going on in life. I got quite a bit of stuff off of Amazon that way. There are varying HITs that pay various amounts, I found one once that paid 10 cents for eliminating bad search suggestions for search engines. They gave me a query, then a list of 10 search suggestions. Then asked me to pick three that were unrelated. It took all of about 10-15 sec. to do. That night I had made almost 20 bucks, just tinkering with it.

BnB; IIRC I was on within a few hours after registering, but that was a couple years ago so it may be different now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've answered 4 questions this week and made just under $8. I spent roughly a half hour to 45 min on it on studypool. You can also take on paid assignments for even more money, up to $100. They also buy old papers and tests.

This part sounds shady... like they're encouraging plagiarism and cheating.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    If the answers are blocked from public/search engine view I'm guessing people cut/paste the answers into their assignment. Certainly shady from an honesty standpoint. Not quite "tutoring" to simply do their work.

Speedybruin4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    If the answers are blocked from public/search engine view I'm guessing people cut/paste the answers into their assignment. Certainly shady from an honesty standpoint. Not quite "tutoring" to simply do their work.

I agree, that's why I just answer the questions. Not sure if too many people would want my old papers haha.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Well, I registered. Wonder how long it takes for Amazon to approve the registration so that I can accept HITs.

Just found a HIT that's $60 to write a 1000 word detailed profile on a neighborhood for people who are interested in moving there. Easy money to be made.

Back in May it took me a day or so to get approved. Read the rules. I think there is something about a 10 day probation where you are required to do SOMETHING each day. I don't remember. I know I did work each day. You will have to build up numbers to be qualified for the higher paying jobs. Start slow and don't get discouraged. You will build a ranking of number of jobs completed, numbers rejected (a very big thing) and several others. Keep your rejections low because jobs are based on rankings.

Chrome is the best browser to use for this. There are several scripts that help out and make things much easier. Join a fourm dedicated to Mturking and rake in the money. There are people on these forums that make $100+ a day that have only been doing it for less than a year. You are considered an independent contractor and are responsible for your taxes.

One of the best forums I've found is: Welcome to nginx! Most of the people on there do this for a living. They post jobs just about as fast as you can do them. When I first started out, before I found out about the forums, I would work my butt off and make a couple dollars a day. Now I can sit down for a about 2 hours and make $20 without thinking about it. It may not sound like much, but that can be done in spare time or while I'm doing something else. $20 a day is $600 a month. Internet, DTV, & electric is paid for each month in my spare time.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Back in May it took me a day or so to get approved. Read the rules. I think there is something about a 10 day probation where you are required to do SOMETHING each day. I don't remember. I know I did work each day. You will have to build up numbers to be qualified for the higher paying jobs. Start slow and don't get discouraged. You will build a ranking of number of jobs completed, numbers rejected (a very big thing) and several others. Keep your rejections low because jobs are based on rankings.

Chrome is the best browser to use for this. There are several scripts that help out and make things much easier. Join a fourm dedicated to Mturking and rake in the money. There are people on these forums that make $100+ a day that have only been doing it for less than a year. You are considered an independent contractor and are responsible for your taxes.

One of the best forums I've found is: Welcome to nginx! Most of the people on there do this for a living. They post jobs just about as fast as you can do them. When I first started out, before I found out about the forums, I would work my butt off and make a couple dollars a day. Now I can sit down for a about 2 hours and make $20 without thinking about it. It may not sound like much, but that can be done in spare time or while I'm doing something else. $20 a day is $600 a month. Internet, DTV, & electric is paid for each month in my spare time.

Thanks for all the tips and info. I just recieved the approval email this morning and will be looking into things shortly. Is this very doable on a phone like a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Chrome? I relaize it would be more efficient on a laptop, but there are times when I don't have access to a laptop that would be perfect to do online work.

Last edited:

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Thanks for all the tips and info. I just recieved the approval email this morning and will be looking into things shortly. Is this very doable on a phone like a Samsung Galaxy S5 using Chrome? I relaize it would be more efficient on a laptop, but there are times when I don't have access to a laptop that would be perfect to do online work.

I've done some work on the phone, a little more on a 7" tablet. Some of the jobs can be done but not all. Some specify not to use mobile devices due to compatibility. All jobs have timers and most give you plenty of time, others can be close. I would get adjusted to the work first. If you run out of time on a job then it will count against you. Starting out your numbers and percentages are everything.

Top Bottom