• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    been looking for a second High Standard Marshall for 30 years. The Marshall was made for just 3 years in the early 1970`s, I bought the first one 50 years ago, brand new in the box from the local hardware store for $89, my first handgun, the top one in the pic new hs mar 001.JPG new hs mar 007.JPG new hs mar 009.JPG . I have shot over 5k rds thru it and is my go to gun for shooting rats around my chicken coop. Found the second one today at the Maringo gun show. note the front sight in the second one, bottom of pic, is backwards and the medallions on the grips are different, ser no is 33,000 higher

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I shoulda kept my Sharpshooter and just got an accessory bbl from Brownells. Actually have the scope rib for that bbl, found one in dads junk.

Think he was gonna mod it for a MATCO bbl and never did.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Nice! Congrats on the find, had a few HS "cowboy" guns over the years....fun little guns...Now you need a two gun rig..... Get your Kevin Costner on...google "Silvarado"

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Indeed the hunt is fun.
    The HS revolvers have seemingly found a new following and prices are going up (moreso that regular).
    Possibly making the hunt even harder (more rewarding) :)

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Those front sights are an easy fix. They are usually soldered in so add heat and remove, clean, add Sharpie pen to all areas you don't want solder to stick to and solder it back in the correct way.

All those stray beads of the solder will fall off of the Sharpie prepared areas so no need to re blue or anything, just wipe with a solvent and oil before putting away.

Top Bottom