Ft Wayne LEO - What happened to the White Sable/Taurus tonight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Earlier this morning I almost made the news - in a bad way!

Much earlier (around 1800) I had joined a friend on the SW side of Ft. Wayne. We went downtown to pick up ribs at Ribfest. I took him back to his house where his family and I downed all the ribs and brisket.

When we were done eating we sat out on the back patio and smoked a couple of good Monte Cristo Whites and chatted the night away. I was booted out a little before midnight.

Anyway, I was meandering home in no particular hurry heading north on Spy Run Ave taking a back way just south of Tom Steele Tires. A white Sable or Taurus clearly going the wrong way on a one way cut right in front of me hauling a**. Had I been in a hurry to get home and going just 5 or 10 MPH faster I know I would have been slammed into next week. I thought, "that idiot better watch it or he is going to get a ticket."

As I proceeded north all of a sudden there was the sound of sirens and lights in my rear view mirror so I immediately signaled, got as far right as I could and stopped. It would appear LE was already on him and in a high speed chase. By the time I got to Parnell Ave neither one was seen by little ol' me.

I love and trust my Volvo dearly but I know a car that size going that fast would have surely put me in the hospital for a time! Both must have been doing at least 80 - 100 MPH!

I hope no one was injured and the idiot will get some free time to consider stupid and his cousin - consequences.

Any insight?

Regards,

Doug

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    To All,

Earlier this morning I almost made the news - in a bad way!

Much earlier (around 1800) I had joined a friend on the SW side of Ft. Wayne. We went downtown to pick up ribs at Ribfest. I took him back to his house where his family and I downed all the ribs and brisket.

When we were done eating we sat out on the back patio and smoked a couple of good Monte Cristo Whites and chatted the night away. I was booted out a little before midnight.

Anyway, I was meandering home in no particular hurry heading north on Spy Run Ave taking a back way just south of Tom Steele Tires. A white Sable or Taurus clearly going the wrong way on a one way cut right in front of me hauling a**. Had I been in a hurry to get home and going just 5 or 10 MPH faster I know I would have been slammed into next week. I thought, "that idiot better watch it or he is going to get a ticket."

As I proceeded north all of a sudden there was the sound of sirens and lights in my rear view mirror so I immediately signaled, got as far right as I could and stopped. It would appear LE was already on him and in a high speed chase. By the time I got to Parnell Ave neither one was seen by little ol' me.

I love and trust my Volvo dearly but I know a car that size going that fast would have surely put me in the hospital for a time! Both must have been doing at least 80 - 100 MPH!

I hope no one was injured and the idiot will get some free time to consider stupid and his cousin - consequences.

Any insight?

Regards,

Doug
    I can't speak for the car chase guy, but I know what YOUR mistake was;

We went downtown to pick up ribs at Ribfest.
    Just stick to Ziffle's, man.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    There is always a lot of LEO activity that happens on any given day/night that you don't or won't likely hear of...

For example- I've done a lot of ride-a-long's with a LEO friend and I was absolutely astounded in seeing what actually happens everyday that doesn't make the headlines.. We were in high speed chase of an S10 pick-up one night, where the perp was driving fast enough where he didn't make the curve and drive right into the living room of a house at 3:30am!!! All you could see was the bed of the truck sticking out of the house siding... It NEVER made the news at ALL!

Also- I'm sure most haven't heard about the guy who somehow stole a key to all the downtown parking meters and proceeded to clean them out for nearly a month before he was finally caught near Fryman's Square in the wee hours of the morning!? It would have cost the City over 200 grand to replace/update all those locks, so the Mayor chose to try to find the guy instead-- which thankfully the local LEO's did. Good ol' Mayor Henry didn't want THAT one to get out I'm sure.... It BARELY made the news except for a tiny JG article and this just happened a weeks or so ago.

Move along...nothing to see here........ :whistle:

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Also- I'm sure most haven't heard about the guy who somehow stole a key to all the downtown parking meters and proceeded to clean them out for nearly a month...

Was he using the church key on the chain around his neck? With that much change you could probably buy fifty eggs.

Top Bottom