• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Okay, here's my issue. All the guns I own now serve a definite purpose. Kimber Ultra crimson carry and Taurus model 85 are my carry guns. I own 4 shotguns that are either home defense or trap shooting guns. I own one rifle, CZ 22 for Benchrest IR50/50.

I don't own anything that I can take the the range and simply have fun shooting. I've been looking for the Mossberg Tactical 22 but no one has these in stock. But I'm not decided totally on the best fun gun.

I've been thinking 22 for low cost/high quantity ammo. I have looked at the AR 22 style since I cold add mods and have fun with that. But again, not decided.

What would you suggest I look into and what are your "fun" guns? Staying below about $600.00.

Ken

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For plain and simple fun I'd probably go with a higher-capacity .22LR. Something like a S&W M&P22.

Or maybe a customized lightweight 10/22 with tweaked internals.

For double the fun (and double the cost) add a suppressor.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I think it depends on your definition of "fun".

For me, "fun" is shooting out the center of the target at whatever distance I choose. Sometimes I want to make hits shooting from the hip (with a rifle or shotgun).

Sometimes I feel like throwing a bunch of rounds downrange. For this, a 22 semi auto fills the bill.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    My Marlin model 60 is a lot of fun. not much to customize but for less than $175....$225 with a modest scope. I shoot the red out of the bull rather consistantly. I can cover 15 shots with a quarter or half dollar pretty regular.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My most fun gun to shoot for me is my AK. I could shoot it all day long!
    Also have alot of fun with my .22s. I actually can shoot them all day because of how cheap ammo is! :D

Top Bottom