• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Is anyone thinking about standing the flag line with the Patriot Guard for Officer Long's funeral? My wife and I attended Sgt Scott Smith's funeral in Mooresville recently and it was quite the honor to work with the Patriot Guard.

If you have never done this, I would highly recommend you experiencing it at least once.

Rumors flying again about the "fine folk" :xmad: from Westboro showing up at Officer Long's funeral in Terre Haute Monday. While I'm quite sure the Patriot Guard has it well planned and under control, it never hurts to have extra hands ready to help.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My friend with the Patriot Guard posted on Facebook that WBC is in Terre Haute staying at the Holiday Inn Express. THPD has requested the only flag line be at the cemetary, but I'm confident that the PG will see to it that exposure from these lower life forms is minimal. Let's pray the media doesn't give them any attention.

Hope some of you will come out to stand the flag line as well.
    :patriot:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    You're welcome. I'm hoping that there will be more folk from here decide to come out. It's truly a humbling and honor filled experience. The Patriot Guard are outstanding people.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'll be in Terre Haute for the funeral and I'll be driving my marked IMPD car. I'll keep my eye out for any INGO swag or OC'd handguns*

*no I won't stop to harass you if you are OC'ing. :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'll be in Terre Haute for the funeral and I'll be driving my marked IMPD car. I'll keep my eye out for any INGO swag or OC'd handguns*

*no I won't stop to harass you if you are OC'ing. :D

Hey, you're alright Frank. I don't care what those other guys say! ;)

I'm just disappointed that THPD is not allowing the flag line at the funeral. They are only allowing it at the cemetary. I guess it would cause for traffic issues. :rolleyes:

Take care, be safe! Thanks for your service friend. :patriot:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My friend with the Patriot Guard posted on Facebook that WBC is in Terre Haute staying at the Holiday Inn Express. THPD has requested the only flag line be at the cemetary, but I'm confident that the PG will see to it that exposure from these lower life forms is minimal. Let's pray the media doesn't give them any attention.

Hope some of you will come out to stand the flag line as well.
    :patriot:

Just curious how it was discovered where WBC was staying. Was there a marked vehicle outside, did they announce it or did a hotel employee tell someone?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I went to the viewing yesterday (had to pull shift today) and IMPD and IFD had a great showing of support, even helping with logistics.

I went to the service today but didn't make it to the gravesite. I came home and I'm heading for a nap so I can work late shift tonight. There were 30 or so IMPD officers there today, including the Chief. I was impressed with the turnout from all the different departments. I saw officers from all over Indiana, several from Illinois and Kentucky, and deputies from Ohio.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Just curious how it was discovered where WBC was staying. Was there a marked vehicle outside, did they announce it or did a hotel employee tell someone?

Ya got me. I did hear rumor that last evening someone saw all the Kansas plates and some of the other residents made comments to management that they were "in fear for their lives" ;) so the Manager "cheerfully" refunded their money and told them to find some other place to stay. Rumor has it anyway...

The flag line went well. We did have a couple of guys who had to sit down because of the heat, but all in all it went very well. You could see people driving through who were touched and the outpouring of love and support for the Long family was so very humbling. The Patriot Guard is an awesome organization and my wife and I are proud to be new members.

BIG +1 goes out to the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church. They set up a HUGE support center at the church there beside the cemetary. Red cross was there with cooling stations, they had a hospitality room with all the sandwiches, fried chicken, chips, gatoraid, etc, etc that anyone was welcome to. They set up a triage center in the gym for people who were experiencing heat issues. Just a class act all the way.

rafterman191

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Thank you all for showing your support. Officer Long fell 2 blocks from my house. I know a couple of the straightest shooters you'll meet on the THPD and my Brother-in-Law is 1 of the 3 that were just sworn in. Wanted to work LE myself, but I was a little too wild when I was younger. I live close in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Terre Haute so the whole situation has been pretty devastating. The way everyone stepped up to pay their respects has been equally impressive. Thank you Brent Long for your willingness to not just come in to my town, but my street and make it safer. Prayers and thoughts are with the Long's friends and family.

Top Bottom