Future guns. Think Sci-fi turns reality...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I've always wanted a Star Trek phaser. One of these days that might actually happen. In the mean time I've conjured up various weapons and thought, oh, that would be cool. Let's hear some of your ideas for "personal" arms that'll drive the libs crazy. Some of this stuff is already available in .mil form. Maybe even stuff ATF can't regulate (think non-explosive or non-projectile).

I'll start...
    Say someone develops a compact ultra-powerful power suppply or a super capacitor. That can get us into things like rail guns, laser weapons, ultrasound weapons, long range tasers.

Or maybe something more traditional...
    Home brew liquid/gaseous "powders". No more powder shortages. A sealed weatherproof cartrige. 100% burn. No residue. No cleanup.

Let's hear it. How would it work? Maybe Hollywood is listening and you'll get to be the weapon advisor for a Sci-fi movie. :cool:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, let's see.
    If you look here, Quackenbush Air Guns you will find air-powered rifles firing a projectile heavy enough and fast enough to take down an American bison.

If you use the air-power technology, not really futuristic, and then load it with saboted rounds, you effective have an untraceable weapon.

That should make the Libtard heads explode.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Well, let's see.
    If you look here, Quackenbush Air Guns you will find air-powered rifles firing a projectile heavy enough and fast enough to take down an American bison.

If you use the air-power technology, not really futuristic, and then load it with saboted rounds, you effective have an untraceable weapon.

That should make the Libtard heads explode.

Yeah, try getting a Quackenbush. His waitlist is years-long. Years.

caulfieldian

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    West of Indy
    I don't know how you'd cram everything into it, and man, all the transfer fees you'd have to possess it would be insane, but I want a Zorg ZF-1.

The-Fifth-Element-5th-ZORG-ZF-1-Weapon-System-Functional-Airsoft-Rocket-Pods-1.jpg

It's light; handle's adjustable for easy carrying; good for righties and lefties; breaks down into four parts; undetectable by X-ray; ideal for quick discreet interventions. A word on firepower. Titanium recharger; 3000-round clip with bursts of 3 to 300. With the replay button, another Zorg invention, it's even easier. One shot......and replay sends every following shot to the same location. And to finish the job, all the Zorg oldies-but-goldies. Rocket launcher... arrow launcher, with exploding or poisonous gas heads, very practical... our famous net launcher... the always-efficient flamethrower, my favorite...and for the grand finale, the all-new 'Ice-cube System'!

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    A limp-wristed Kirk single-handedly points his sight-less/optic-less phaser...

...and fires with no apparent recoil!

...connecting a perfect center-of-mass hit

...And sends anonymous Klingon bad guy flying

So as implied by the director and the post-production crew (in charge of visual effects), this particular phaser not only aims itself but it also knows who NOT to hit only feet away (with no apparent practice or skill required of the operator). And it delivers not only enough stopping power but also enough concussive force to send the intended target flying several yards without any recoiling counter force to the operator.

I'll take two!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom