• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    In April, s&w discontinued their production of the ppk. What does the future hold for it? Will it be discontinued forever or will walther continue to produce it on the ppk/s frame and ship it to the United States?

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    In April, s&w discontinued their production of the ppk. What does the future hold for it? Will it be discontinued forever or will walther continue to produce it on the ppk/s frame and ship it to the United States?

The articles I read indicated that the .32 and .380 PPK and PPK/S will still be produced by Smith but distributed by Walther. Walther is going to manufacture their new .22LR PPK in Arkansas. (Or that's the way I understood it.)

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    A couple weeks back I read the same thing that S&W was going to discontinue the PPK line sometime next year and that Walther was going to resume production. Don't have any way to verify that though and I don't currently have the link to the site I was on while reading the article.

Honestly though I wish and hope it is true. I hope that if in the slightest chance Walther started to produce the PPK series again... I seriously hope they do away with the goofy beaver tail and it would be nice to see a Walther PPK without S&W emblazoned all over the side of the slide.

Side note: I like S&W firearms such as the 59 series and M&P line. I just don't care for their iteration of the PPK.:D

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    "Walther and Smith & Wesson will maintain their strategic alliance on several fronts—Smith & Wesson will continue to manufacture the PPK for Walther Arms, Inc. and CARL WALTHER will continue to manufacture the M&P22 handgun for S&W. Additionally, UMAREX will continue to license the Smith & Wesson brand for airgun products."

Taken from Walther website.

Walther Arms

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    "Walther and Smith & Wesson will maintain their strategic alliance on several fronts—Smith & Wesson will continue to manufacture the PPK for Walther Arms, Inc. and CARL WALTHER will continue to manufacture the M&P22 handgun for S&W. Additionally, UMAREX will continue to license the Smith & Wesson brand for airgun products."

Taken from Walther website.

Walther Arms

Well that's a shame to see S&W will still be making the PPK.

In .32 acp and .380?

As far as I know the 32acp's were discontinued and only the 380's show up on Walther's website.

How about the PPQ?

The PPQ M2's are still being made and the M1 classic with the paddle magazine release will be imported again sometime in 2014.

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    My '72 German made PP in .32 is smooth as a baby's butt. My old man's S&W PPK in .380 is perfectly functional and looks nice, but it's gritty as all hell. Also, the beavertail has some sharp edges and actually took the skin off of the web of my hand after shooting half a box of .380's.

Perfectly good gun, but if I ever decide to grab a PPK myself, I'll be buying German!

Top Bottom