• ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Guncrafter Industries : Specials

Alright so I wanted to use my tax check for a smaller carry gun than my Glock 21 that I carry. Then I thought, why go with a smaller round when you can just go with a BIGGER one. Bigger is always better right?

So has anyone converted their G20 or G21 over to a .50 cal???
    I really want to but I'm uncertain if its worth the cost. Would the amount of recoil destroy the frame? I know ammo would be expensive, but worth it.
    If anyone has done this, or has an opinion on this please comment.

If its not worth it I will just get a G26 for about the same cost as the kit.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What do you mean by "worth it"?

You're not gaining much, if anything, over .45 ACP +p in terms of ballistics. (ft. lbs of energy)

No, the recoil wouldn't destroy your frame. That particular round was developed specifically to mimic the recoil characteristics of the .45ACP.

.50 GI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-J-

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If its not worth it I will just get a G26 for about the same cost as the kit.

I don't think the ballistics (and cost) of the .50 GI are worth it. Another handgun, esp. a G26 that you can carry as a BUG or in situations where you can't easily carry your G21, would be money far better spent IMHO. :twocents:

Have fun spending that refund.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    Is it just me or do most assume the 50GI is a magnum level round? Do people think it's the same 50 as the Desert Eagle? Worth the cost of the conversion and ammo? NO, As others have said it is in line with the 45acp+p ammo power wise. Ammo is harder to find and more expensive than full power 10mm, which beats the 50 GI hands down, it is a status symbol round and or a curiosity piece at best. :twocents: YMMV

OP buy the BUG with the money, I would go with a 36 as a BUG to a 21! One caliber of ammo not two.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Or a G30, but it's more G19-ish in size (thicker than the G36), although you'd preserve magazine compatability with the G21. Lots of choices.

Having extra money burning a hole in your pocket is fun, eh?

Top Bottom