• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've been looking at a Galil in a gun store here locally, do any of you fellow INGO'ers have some info about them? They are based on the AK, but from what I understand, they are an improvement of the AK, anybody have one , and do you like(love)it?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been looking at a Galil in a gun store here locally, do any of you fellow INGO'ers have some info about them? They are based on the AK, but from what I understand, they are an improvement of the AK, anybody have one , and do you like(love)it?

I have a friend that has an old one, He loves touching, looking & cleaning it, but he doesn't shoot it much, I know that it used a mag that only fits the GALIL:twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The Israelis took the Valmet, which is itself an improvement on the original, and added their own touch. They are a bit heavy, but otherwise great rifles.

The question is, is it an original pre-ban Galil or a later made from parts, or still later made by Century??? Original Galils can go over $2000. Current production Century are at or under $700.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've shot the Galil/Golani Clone. Very Accurate, Smooth Shooting Rifle :yesway:

sept_25_golani_longbranch%20001.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It's a.223 post ban, with a bubba paint job, found them on J&G sales for $569, I like what I've read about them. The Israeli's always take something good, and make it great!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've shot the Galil/Golani Clone. Very Accurate, Smooth Shooting Rifle :yesway:

I had one and totally regret selling it. Great shooting gun, the cocking knob is a great touch too, allows for right or left hand cocking of the weapon. Its tough to beat a gun that was made by bad ass Hebrews.

The other rifle I really regret selling is an AR180B.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

The cammo one at Keislers? If it is, the only info I can offer is that the receiver cover is a mofo to get back on. I called looking for an AK buffer (long story) and they said they had one in stock. They didn't, but the guy a spoke to searched in back, then looked for one in several used AK and the Galil.... no luck on the buffer, but +1 for the effort. Anyways, the cover would not go back on after 15 minutes or so of trying.:twocents:

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I have a Golani, it's a great rifle. As others have said, it's a smooth shooter, but on the heavy side. I've got mine equipped with a quad rail, vertical grip, and a red dot. The dust cover is very tight, but you've got to remember that your rear sights are there, so you don't want it as loose as it is on an AK. I did end up taking some sand paper to the front end of mine to make it a little easier to get back together. MSA (Magnolia State Armory) makes a magazine adapter to accept AR-15 mags too!

MrSmitty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    For that matter Mrsmitty, If you'd like to shoot mine sometime before you buy one, you're more then welcome to. I live in New Albany.
    Thanks I appreciate that!, I'm thinking of running up to Henryville later with my son, just got some Mosin food,and there's some dirt up there that needs a killin'

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    i've read the century Golanis have had trouble with feed ramps/lack there of, its been a while since i read about it, but its probably worth looking into before buying one. That and the fact its a century. i had bad luck with a wasr-2, and my century fal had problems too which required sending it to a gun smith. I considered selling my AR for a golani but after reading about them enough i opted out, i would suggest doing more research and know what to look out for before buying.

Top Bottom