esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Oh and if its a game what do I win? ;)

With my obvious video titles, not much. :D

We couldn't believe how quiet that rifle was for being unsuppressed. Yes, they were subsonic rounds being fired. The barrel is also 24"+ long, ensuring that most of the power would be burned.

The rifle belonged to INGOer akaindy. Perhaps he will comment here with exactly what it is.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    And here I was thinking that was a trick question with the titles lol. Maybe that rifle should have to have a tax stamp? I always heard of shotguns with 6' barrels to "legally" supress a hunting gun but there is proof that the concept is sound. (pun not originally intended)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The ammo being used in the first video is CCI Subsonic 40gr lead HP, through the Gemtech Outback II-D suppressor.

The ammo being used in the second video is, believe it or not, Remington Golden Bullet bulk pack 36gr plated HP. If you listen closely, you can hear the ballistic crack "building" as the round goes downrange.

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    The second .22 rifle, is very old. Manufactured by Winchester repeating arms supposedly some time back in 1918 (will have to dig more to be sure) but the side of the barrel says patented October 7, 1879. The serial number is 6 digits with an “A” at the end. This was my grandfather’s rifle that he used and also taught several generations of family members how to shot with it. At the time I learned to use it, it had a scope mounted on it and dialed in for 100 yards, I remember barely being able to carry it down to the range at the time. I also remember it being very accurate. I have recently found the scope rails that he had on it so I have to check with my uncle to see if he knows where the scope ended up. It’s a single shot falling block with a lever on the bottom, aftermarket sights for long range shooting. The barrel is about 27-3/4 inches long and .700 in diameter at the smallest section. As you can see from the video its very quiet but when you shoot it because the rifle is so heavy you can feel any movement from it.

:)

Update: I did a little searching on the internet, that wonderful place it is. Its a Model 1885 and by the serial number was made in 1915.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom