• ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    handgun training

I think it is for the UTAH conceal carry application...last year I almost signed up for it...they were offering the class and they would submit the application to ut (or fl???) if I remember correctly. it was like $150
    When did Gander start offering training for handguns? Anyone one have any useful information?

https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/

StreetStrip01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Florida
    I think it is for the UTAH conceal carry application...last year I almost signed up for it...they were offering the class and they would submit the application to ut (or fl???) if I remember correctly. it was like $150

The only ones that I have seen at Gander are the Utah classes.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I know that they were being advertised at Gander Mountain Stores that had a range. Just a week ago there were six, I believe, Gander Mountain Stores having course taught by Rob Pincus (I.C.E. Trainining/Combat Focus Shooting) simultaneously via cable. Unfortunately, there were none in the State of Indiana.

acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    1. You pull on this thingy here to make the gun go bang.
    2. This is where to bad things come out of the gun.
    3. When it makes a click sound, you need to buy more overpriced ammo.
    4. When you break it, give it to us and we'll only charge you about 90% of the cost of a new one to fix it.

Class dismissed. :) If you enjoyed this class, please send paypal payments to me .

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

For people who are former military or law enforcement, if my reading of the Florida permit is right then you do not need a class. You just submit your training documentation (for military it would probably be your dd214 and for police your academy certificate).

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'll be going to one of the one on one training sessions (that's totally different than a permit class) in 2012, as it was part of my xmas present this year, range is a little more pricey per hour than the Bass Proshops deal (and you need to go their their safety training and pre-schedule range times), but the whole setup is very nice; and one of the ranges is by far the closest range to the GF parents house.

I think it would go a long way for the attitudes of Gander Mountain if they were all setup and staffed this way, as the one I've been to I loathed pre-renovation for the range, the gunsmiths were stupid and rather annoyed at me if I asked a question above their heads; let alone the lecture for inconveniencing them at the asking of a question. Post renovation the staff had been changed out and expanded, on a busy day it was easy to get help, the help at the gun counter was even knowledgeable and the courtesy and professionalism made for a big change.

I'll provide more details after I go, the nuts and bolts can all be found on the website, but when I toured the "academy" in Oct, I did pick up all the paperwork brochures that they had.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Rob Pincus is heavily involved in this program. He is the celebrity shooter endorsing GMA and is heading up the training of their trainers.

I prefer to support our local guys.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I absolutely agree with supporting local.

But I must admit that after taking the "Combat Focus Shooting" Course with Rob, I wished that I had taken it many years ago. Not sure what the curriculum is for the Gander Mountain Courses involving Pincus' new program?

Top Bottom