• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I go to the few garage sales I can find on my way to where ever I am going that is not just clothes... but has tools and such. Today I was lucky enough to find such a sale on my way to Harbor Freight.

Guy had some tools, a drawer full of sockets, wrenches, and screw drivers. I asked the guy how much he wanted. He told me I could pick anything out of the drawer for 10 cents each. I asked how much he would sell the whole thing for if I took it all. $5.00 he replied. I asked about a set of wrenches he had next to them, he said call it $10.00 and it's all yours. Also got a Craftsman arm saw for 50, a makita polisher/buffer for 10.

At the end of it all, I walked out with around 150-200 sockets, 57 wrenches, 35 screw drivers, 2 buffer/pollishers and my saw.

Think I did good today!

So what has everyone else scored at garage sales here recently?

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've equipped my garage with garage sales with few exceptions. The problem with socket purchases at these is that if you only consider the ones from sales, I now have 100 sockets and only 8 different sizes. Between this and the Goodwill thread I would have to take a pic of everything I own that isn't in my gun safe in order to demonstrate what all my wife and I have bought from the two.:D

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    You did well. Garage sales are good way to recycle items one no longer needs. I like " divorce garage sales ". It's amazing what one can purchase at these!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    honestly not sure what company made anything sockets/wrench wise... a few made in china pieces...mostly made in U.S.A. stuff :cool:

I love garage sales, but most of the time I walk away empty handed. Seems most people want new to next to new prices for very used stuff. Other places are very fair in their asking prices, just when you know you can buy a new "used" clearance piece at the local hardware store for the same price with a warranty... then...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I have garage sale addiction also. If i see one I have to stop. I do not buy much but still i want to see what everyone is getting rid of. Often the rich people on the northeast side of indy have a community sale weekend and i have purchased some nice things. I did get an elk rack for 5 dollars a nice 4X4.

Top Bottom