• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I woke up this morning and had a small chip off of one of my front teeth. I don’t have dental, any idea how much it will cost to get fixed at Afdent or a similar place? It doesn’t hurt, but I would rather not wait until it starts.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hopefully you did not get into your dentin layer.
    I broke the end off of one of mine in a childhood accident and it has given me trouble ever since.
    Tooth dies, root canal etc etc.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I woke up this morning and had a small chip off of one of my front teeth. I don’t have dental, any idea how much it will cost to get fixed at Afdent or a similar place? It doesn’t hurt, but I would rather not wait until it starts.

Don't go to Afdent. They're overpriced and not all that good. Afdent attempted to repair a chip that I'd had when I was 23 (had it since 7th grade football). It never gave any problems until they "fixed" it. I had to get it repaired about every 2-3 years after that because the dentist that "fixed" it each time also screwed up). There is a clinic on the west side of South Bend that does good work. I've had some work repaired that Afdent really screwed up (had it fixed by several other dentists after and they all screwed it up too). What you pay depends on what you make if you don't have insurance (they've got a thing on their website that shows the breakdown of salary and possible discount). Their rates are pretty reasonable. Their staff seems to be very friendly. Worst part about them is they stay busy so sometimes you have to call a couple times to get through (I think they do appointments 3 days a week, not sure if Saturdays are walk in or appointment, and walk ins 2 days a week).

They don't do cosmestic work but if you go to them, they'll check it and see if it needs fixed (the dentists all work in various offices through South Bend/Mishawaka and come in a couple days a week, one was up there from West Lafayette one day a week and the ones I've met are all very willing to explain everything), they don't fix it if it isn't a problem unless it bothers you.

Here is there info. (right next to Goodwill on Western).
    IHC South Bend | 1901 W Western Ave #B South Bend, IN | 574-234-9003

1901 W Western Ave # B
    South Bend, IN 46619
    Clinic Phone: (574) 234-9033
    Fax: (574) 234-9059

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Don't go to Afdent. They're overpriced and not all that good. Afdent attempted to repair a chip that I'd had when I was 23 (had it since 7th grade football). It never gave any problems until they "fixed" it. I had to get it repaired about every 2-3 years after that because the dentist that "fixed" it each time also screwed up). There is a clinic on the west side of South Bend that does good work. I've had some work repaired that Afdent really screwed up (had it fixed by several other dentists after and they all screwed it up too). What you pay depends on what you make if you don't have insurance (they've got a thing on their website that shows the breakdown of salary and possible discount). Their rates are pretty reasonable. Their staff seems to be very friendly. Worst part about them is they stay busy so sometimes you have to call a couple times to get through (I think they do appointments 3 days a week, not sure if Saturdays are walk in or appointment, and walk ins 2 days a week).

They don't do cosmestic work but if you go to them, they'll check it and see if it needs fixed (the dentists all work in various offices through South Bend/Mishawaka and come in a couple days a week, one was up there from West Lafayette one day a week and the ones I've met are all very willing to explain everything), they don't fix it if it isn't a problem unless it bothers you.

Here is there info. (right next to Goodwill on Western).
    IHC South Bend | 1901 W Western Ave #B South Bend, IN | 574-234-9003

1901 W Western Ave # B
    South Bend, IN 46619
    Clinic Phone: (574) 234-9033
    Fax: (574) 234-9059

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give them a call. I had a dentist when I lived with my parents in Elkhart, but I work in Plymouth, and getting to Elkhart to go to the dentist is not going to happen. They were pretty pricey too, but that was less of an issue when I had dental.

My dad had some good experiences with Afdent, and they do Saturdays, which is nice. It will come down to price for me, if they are more expensive, then its not worth it. My dad had a root canal done there, then about six months later had dentures done, so its hard to say how it would have held up.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    My only good Afdent experience was getting my wisdom teeth out and I had that covered under my parents insurance (but from what I remember it was still more expensive than several other places).

There was one I went to in Plymouth that was pretty good and the prices were decent. The office is by the radio station. It might not hurt to check about their costs for composite fillings, the price will depend on the number of surfaces but from several places I'd checked before going to the clinic in South Bend were around $150-200 for a single surface. Being a full time college student helped me meet the requirements for a fairly significant discount so I went that direction.

Badell Jeff DDS
    120 West Washington Street, Plymouth, IN 46563-1746
    (574) 936-4557 ‎

Top Bottom