• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    Back in the mid 90's I had my ffl,but I never renewed it after the first time.Me and a friend have decided to go in together and get one and start off small.In researching I've noticed that you can buy a "ffl kit"to help you get started for $39.95,are these necessary these days?If they are what are the best kits? Thanks

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Don't bother...I got mine on my own. It's pretty straight forward. Just make sure that you have a business address that is zoned for business. Otherwise you will be denied. I had to get a variance and a home occupation permit from the county to prove to the ATF that I was legal to do business (firearm refinishing) out of my home. Good luck!!!

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    You also can go on ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and print off the application. Again, all the info is right there. The only thing you will need is to go visit the chief of police in your area, get a couple pictures taken, get fingerprinted, etc. It's not too awful difficult, just a lot of legwork. Please don't be in a hurry to get it either. It does take a few months to get everything finished. From start to finish on mine, it was about 6 months.

JCR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Depending on what kind of business you are thinking of starting, dont forget to get your Indiana Retail Handgun Dealer's License. (IC 35-47-2-14).

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    all the FFL kits are, are the forms you can get from the ATF's website anyways. call your local atf office, they are honestly the best recource in getting your FFL

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    pretty much... here is how simple it is.

Call the ATF and get the forms,
    Check local zoning, and if needed get their permission doing whatever you need to comply with to do it.
    Submit forms and pay fee.
    Wait
    Have interview
    Wait,
    get FFL

the "kits" just give you the forms, and explain how to fill them out.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Why use google when you are so knowledgable

because you found a very entertaining way to pad your post count to get to 50 ;)

dont worry though, i wont tell anyone.

seriously though, the ATF is the best recourse for getting an FFL, just call the local field office and start talking, they are actually very friendly.

Bersalover

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 14, 2011
    ffl

Back in the mid 90's I had my ffl,but I never renewed it after the first time.Me and a friend have decided to go in together and get one and start off small.In researching I've noticed that you can buy a "ffl kit"to help you get started for $39.95,are these necessary these days?If they are what are the best kits? Thanks

the kit is a scam. you can go direct to atf site and download the forms

Top Bottom