• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    I have a Girsan Regard “Sport". Maybe 500 rounds through it. 0 problems. It has a Beretta slide stop to interact with the older military surplus magazines. It also has a “D” hammer spring from Langdon Tactical.
    This version has the “G” style decocker in it.
    I’ve had zero issues with it. I don’t expect any either. It seems to be a quality handgun.
    I can’t speak for all of them but, this one is a good one.
    I did replace the "see through" grips.

Attachments

• IMG_7906.jpeg
      IMG_7906.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 12
    • IMG_1747.jpeg
      IMG_1747.jpeg
      337.8 KB · Views: 13

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have a gsg22 (mp5 clone in 22) that was imported by American tactical, I had a problem where it was picky about ammo, I called ati and I told the lady my problem, and that my dad had bought it used, she told me there was a 3 year warranty to the original purchaser

Then she asked me the serial number, I told her…she came back and said that it was never registered for the warranty, and she’d register it that day, and that I was the original owner…so I had a three year warranty, on a gun that had been in my possession for 2 years, in my dads for a year, that technically I was the 3rd owner of!

And yes they fixed it free (I didn’t even pay shipping to them!), in fact I had to ship it to them again because I had an out of battery that stuck the side wall of the case in the chamber…yep that was free too!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've bought used guns and sent in warranty info, and got warranty service in past.
    Maybe the original owner never sent the warranty information in?
    Could be, or could be that they under promise and over deliver (which some gun companies definitely do). I've got no first hand experience with EAA or Girsan. Only providing specifically what EAA has in writing on these.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a gsg22 (mp5 clone in 22) that was imported by American tactical, I had a problem where it was picky about ammo, I called ati and I told the lady my problem, and that my dad had bought it used, she told me there was a 3 year warranty to the original purchaser

Then she asked me the serial number, I told her…she came back and said that it was never registered for the warranty, and she’d register it that day, and that I was the original owner…so I had a three year warranty, on a gun that had been in my possession for 2 years, in my dads for a year, that technically I was the 3rd owner of!

And yes they fixed it free (I didn’t even pay shipping to them!), in fact I had to ship it to them again because I had an out of battery that stuck the side wall of the case in the chamber…yep that was free too!
    moral of that story seems to not to register the warranty in advance.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    moral of that story seems to not to register the warranty in advance.
    To be completely honest, when I worked in a gun shop, we had some go unsold for years!, we had one sit for 10 years before it sold, and I agree with you!…how does girsan (or ati) know when you bought the gun?

I was the third owner of a Springfield xd45, Springfield did one of their buy a gun, get 3 free mags, a mag pouch, and a free pistol bag…I went to the website and entered the serial number and guess what??? All I had to do was “dummy up” a receipt and I got 3 free mags, a mag pouch and a free pistol range bag!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I may be mistaken, but part of the Magnuson Moss act says you cannot be required to register products to get a warranty. What if the postcard gets lost in the mail for instance?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well their written policy may be completely different. I was quoting EAA for Girsan specifically.
    I was bringing out the idea that some people may not send in their warranty information, or as CM said it got lost in the mail and if you pick it up 2nd hand you might get by sending the warranty information in, and getting the warranty under your name.

Top Bottom