• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    My Glock 17 Gen3 trigger has been bothering me and I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows of possible solutions. The only mod is a Wolf 3.5# trigger assembly. My problem was present prior to the installation of this mod. Here's the situation:

When pulling the trigger the "Safe Action" part of the trigger seems to get caught as I pull straight back. This doesn't happen all the time but at least 40% of the time and when it does I have to release trigger pressure and re-pull the trigger. It's like I need to pull down before I pull back if that makes any sense. Which makes getting and staying on target that much harder and delayed.

I had a Glock 19 and never had this happen. Any help would be appreciated.

David Rose

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My only success in tracking down problems like this has been to compare the suspect parts to known good parts. If you are near Fort Wayne I'd be happpy to help. INGO member RVB and I tracked his Glock 34 problem down to a bent slide. if you're interested send me a pm.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Wish you were closer. I would love to "delve" into it and see what is going on. What ever it is, it can't be much of a problem to sort out. My first step would be to swap another trigger bar in to see if that solved the problem and go from there.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    As a Glock Armorer, I have seen, many times, aftermarket internal parts turn a perfectly functioning gun into a jam-o-matic. Strongly suggest putting the gun back into factory condition, which will resolve the issue, if done correctly.

Should you need any help, give me a shout. We have two experienced Glock Armorers on our staff.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    As a Glock Armorer, I have seen, many times, aftermarket internal parts turn a perfectly functioning gun into a jam-o-matic. Strongly suggest putting the gun back into factory condition, which will resolve the issue, if done correctly.

what he said.

also. just swapping out the connector bar should be indicative of a problem. otherwise.. i vote springs. (if you swapped those as well)

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll switch it back when I get a chance and post the results...or I'll be calling someone for help. Thanks again

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Fixed

After replacing the 3.5 Wolf connector with the factory 5.5 I notice the Wolf wasn't sitting like the factory one did. I got a factory 3.5 and have had no further issues. Thanks again for the help! :rockwoot:

Top Bottom