• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana

I have been drooling over Glock 21's lately. I want one, but the simpletruth is that I don't need one. I have a Glock 26 that I CCW and a LCP back-upgun. I have a RIA tactical 1911 that would wear whenever I would wear the Glock21. It isn't like I don't buy guns. In the month of December I bought[whispered] 3 handguns. All of the handguns/rifles/shotguns I have ever bought had a purpose: CCW, BUG, glove compartmentin my car, home defense, WROL, and hunting (if I ever decide to hunt). But theGlock 21 is redundant when I examine the usefulness to me in particular. Am Iwrong? I can always buy it as a "just because" gun and maybe somedayI will do that when I come across a great deal. I would love to have a policetrade-in with the police department marked on the side. Just thought I would sharethat with folks that might appreciate what I am saying. Glad I got that off ofmy chest.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Great gun, the G21, but, then, I am partial to Glocks.
    With Pearce +2 mag. extensions, it becomes a 16-round .45 (15 + 1).
    The main advantage to mag. extensions, however, is they make for more positive seating of the mag. and give something to grasp if ever there is a double feed/failure to extract, which I have never experienced with a Glock.

Downside: not the best CC gun due to size and weight.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have a GLOCK 21, I had to buy an aftermarket barrel to shoot lead bullets, just bought for the "END of DAYS" It's a gun, that i don't mind if it get marred, not collectable & it has a 13 round mag

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Every now and then you gotta just get the gun you want, even if there is no real purpose for it! In my mind, though, there is a purpose for each and every gun... shooting and having fun!!

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    For less weight the G21 is packing about 6 more rounds of .45 than the RIA 1911. I have a Glock 21 that I bought back in 2009 and it is in my daily carry rotation and is also my IDPA gun. 5,000 rounds through it and it has functioned like no other gun I own. It is a fantastic weapon that is simple, reliable and runs like a top; if you like to shoot .45 ACP then I think a G21 should be in your future.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I've carried a Glock 21 for 8 years now on duty and have had 0 problems. I have the itch for a new gen 4 now.

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    glock 21

Check out the Glock 21 compensated. As another member mentioned the glock 20 is excellent but the ammo is scarce and expensive.

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Would agree, the Glock 21SF just feels better than the G21. I bought my first .45, a Ruger P90 back in 1993. I thought that gun was great until I had the opportunity to shoot a G21 at the range. I finally got my G21 in 2005. The G21 frame feels too big in the hand (but NOT as big as a FNP 45) but the gun is so sweet to shoot. Yes, I will keep my G21.

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I bought DustyDawgs other G21, and I LOVE it. Actually like it more than my G22. It's definitely a "should buy" Glock. Nothing like a (relatively) light weight, high cap .45 ACP.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I was very skecptical about the 21. I have small hands and reaching around a double stack of .45s was not what I had in mind. I had shot several other brands of .45s and was not happy with the recoil. I was very (VERY) suprised with the Glock 21. It shoots like a 9mm and feels great. Time back on target is very small. I have put several thousand rounds through it and feel pretty comfortable with it. We are always coming up with speed drills to make us more proficient. Example: draw, fire two rounds, speed load and shoot two more (for time). Malfunction drills, tap rack roll and reassess. hey might seem silly but they have helped tremendously. When ever we shoot the first thing we do is go over safety rules.

I've had surgery to my left thumb, thanks to a guy high on narcotics (complete dislocation). It has forced me to readjust my grip and stance, My thumb is fused at the joint. It's different shooting off hand. Borrow a 21 and try it, it might suprise you.

Take care and good luck.

Top Bottom