• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I bought a Glock 16 and carry it often, but I've shot it only twice. I am more comfortable carrying now and a little less concerned about printing. I am thinking about trading my Glock 26 Gen 4 for a Glock 19 Gen 4.
    Any thoughts?

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I bought a Glock 16 and carry it often, but I've shot it only twice. I am more comfortable carrying now and a little less concerned about printing. I am thinking about trading my Glock 26 Gen 4 for a Glock 19 Gen 4.
    Any thoughts?

I have never had a Glock 26. I hear great things about them from a few guys that carry them. However, I do have a Glock 19. It is the most versatile handgun that I own. It is big enough that I can get a full purchase on it while drawing and firing. It is small enough that it conceals well (especially during the winter with bigger clothes).

If I had to pick, I would take the G19 because it fills a variety of roles for me. The G26 may very well do the same thing for one, but it is a little to small for me to consider it for a duty weapon if I so choose to use it as one.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Both are great so you really can't go wrong. Have you ever shot a 19? Go with what feels best to you, or which one you are more accurate with. Everyone is different and has their own personal prefferences. If you like the feel of the 19 better and are more comfortable shooting it then there is nothing wrong with the trade. Or just save up and buy the 19 and have both! :D Since you are comfortable with carrying, used to the Glock design, and less concerned about printing I doubt you will have any regrets about trading for a 19.
    Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I have a 21 and a 26. The 21 for work and the 26 when I am not working. The 26 is great to have and easy to conceal. It's light enough that you hardly know it's there. It shoots great. Borrow someone' and try it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can you afford to keep the 26 and buy a 19? I'd either do that or just stick with the 26. You can carry extra 19 or 17 mags and use them with the 26 or get the grip extension like some have mentioned. If you keep the 26 and get a 19 you have the same system you have trained with any time you carry and can just carry whichever better matches the clothing, etc situation.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think its a reasonable trade. It's really your preference and whatever you're comfortable with.

I love my G27 and wouldn't trade it myself. However I have considered adding a full size Glock or the mid size like the 19 so I understand your train of thought.

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 and have strongly considered switching to the 26 for concealability. What makes you want a gen 4/gen 4 trade?

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I've got a G27 and added a G17 so I could go to the range for less cost, and I will and do carry the G17 from time to time, but since it's a carry gun keep with the 26 for conceal ability, it's ease and situations and methods that are concealable are greater than the larger guns; I'm also quite familiar just don't yet own a compact Glock (it's next) and while those size differences may not look big on paper they are huge in terms of concealment. Eventually you can save up and add more Glocks either the G19, G17 or G34; but in the meantime if you're going to carry the G26 and count on the bullets inside it stopping a threat, you need to be shooting frequently to develop and maintain familiarity and accuracy so that if it needs to come out and bullets need to go down range they go where you tell them to. Get some larger magazines and you'll get an idea for the grip size, and look into larger barrels even if you want to get a better idea of how the larger models would be at the range.

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I'm thinking about a trade because of the versatility of the 19. I pretty much want a one gun solution. I'm also not a big fan of the grip and texture of the A&G grip extensions and I find them awkward when carrying spare magazines.
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm gonna keep carrying the 26 for now and keep thinking about my needs.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've had several Glocks...G-32, 33, 23...and the wife has has G-26 and 19...so we've owned several of the compact (mid-sized) version as well as with the subcompact (smallest-sized) version!

I have found that I prefer the compact (mid-sized) version of any Glock pistol! It just fits my hand perfectly. I've also found that I like the down range accuracy of the compact models over the subcompact models! While the subcompact models are fairly accurate, the compact models are definitely more accurate in the 50'+ range! Up-close-n-personal, the compact is a tack driver!

My wife owned a G-26 for years....but recently she traded up for a G-19 (Gen 2)...because it didn't have the finger/grip swells. I currently have a Glock 23 (also a Gen 2 that we found NIB) that I couldn't pass on! I love the smooth grip! My wife's Gen 2 was NIB too! We couldn't pass on the opportunity to get the both!

I've found that there's really not much difference in concealing the 1/2" difference in barrel length, especially if you use an IWB holster. The biggest difference is the grip and how far out it might protrude. During the fall, winter, and spring months, I have no difficulty in concealing it b/c I have enough clothes to hide it well enough. Only in the summer months do I need to be conscious of how I conceal it. Typically, I'll just drop it in a side pocket of some cargo shorts or wear an unbuttoned shirt over a t-shirt and wear it on my right hip!

Also, in the summer, I'll carry my SP101 a lot!

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I agree, after owning my 26 for 6 months or so. I think the plus-side for having the built-in grip on the 19 outweighs the plus of the 26 for concealment. I may post a trade classified once I get to 50 posts.

Good feedback everyone. Thank you.

NSheepdog

I've had several Glocks...G-32, 33, 23...and the wife has has G-26 and 19...so we've owned several of the compact (mid-sized) version as well as with the subcompact (smallest-sized) version!

I have found that I prefer the compact (mid-sized) version of any Glock pistol! It just fits my hand perfectly. I've also found that I like the down range accuracy of the compact models over the subcompact models! While the subcompact models are fairly accurate, the compact models are definitely more accurate in the 50'+ range! Up-close-n-personal, the compact is a tack driver!

My wife owned a G-26 for years....but recently she traded up for a G-19 (Gen 2)...because it didn't have the finger/grip swells. I currently have a Glock 23 (also a Gen 2 that we found NIB) that I couldn't pass on! I love the smooth grip! My wife's Gen 2 was NIB too! We couldn't pass on the opportunity to get the both!

I've found that there's really not much difference in concealing the 1/2" difference in barrel length, especially if you use an IWB holster. The biggest difference is the grip and how far out it might protrude. During the fall, winter, and spring months, I have no difficulty in concealing it b/c I have enough clothes to hide it well enough. Only in the summer months do I need to be conscious of how I conceal it. Typically, I'll just drop it in a side pocket of some cargo shorts or wear an unbuttoned shirt over a t-shirt and wear it on my right hip!

Also, in the summer, I'll carry my SP101 a lot!

Top Bottom