• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    I'm intersted in upgrading my stock guide spring but know nothing about what I need, I want something of higher quality... and possibly something to help reduse recoil (gotta make the wife happy)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    IME, nobody makes a better recoil assembly for Glock, than Glock. Unless you have some compelling need to be able to change spring weights or something, stay with stock. I've seen numerous failures caused by aftermarket recoil assemblies.

My :twocents:

jffyg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Hamilton
    IME, nobody makes a better recoil assembly for Glock, than Glock. Unless you have some compelling need to be able to change spring weights or something, stay with stock. I've seen numerous failures caused by aftermarket recoil assemblies.

My :twocents:

What type of failures have you seen? I was considering getting a wolf two piece steel, same spring rate though as stock. What is it that causes the damage? I am very interested in this, this is something I have been considering for a long time, but will not do if it hurts the gun. Thanks

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What type of failures have you seen?

Primarily, it is the steel and titanium rods causing the spring to bind (because the rod cannot flex like the stock polymer one does), and the spring retainer cap coming off the two-piece rods (although this is not usually an issue until the gun is disassembled; while assembled, everything is held in its proper place).

Top Bottom