• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    Ive got an M&P 9c, and I know its bigger than a Glock 26. I carry it in an MTAC with a Bullhide belt, and dont have a problem with that. What Im wondering is, assuming the same holster and belt, is the 26 smaller enough to make a difference in comfort and concealability?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I have a odd answer for you. I first tried a Walther PPS in a MTAC and really liked the size or lack of but felt very undergunned as it is a very narrow weapon that holds 8 rounds, hard to hold and not much ammo, I got rid of it and went to a G19 in a MTAC and have never been happier, the size and bulge is mute as it feels the same but much better hold on the weapon, much quicker on target and 16 rounds of ammo. So dont be bothered by the slight size increase as much as what you gain by going to it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you're set on maximum concealment, just keep the carry mag's standard flat baseplate on it. That little pinky tab really does make a difference in the overall height of the M&P9c vs. the G26.

On your belt, you'll probably not notice the extra weight vs. that of the G26 unless you're on a day-long hike.

-J-

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I have a Glock 27, had a Glock 19, a Kahr PM40 and have a Kahr PM9

The smallest comparable package that is the most concealable that I have used is the Kahr PM9 with the 7+1 magazine, in a DM Bullard IWB or Blade-Tech IWB

The length is the main reason that I did not get a M&P 9C, I prefer the grip better on the M&P, but the 26/27 is shorter

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    No, in my experience. I had a G27 sold it to buy a M&P 40c and found both easily concealable. Then again, I recently sold my 40c and carry my full size almost all the time. If I need a deep concealment piece I go with my PM9.

Buckaroo

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If you're set on maximum concealment, just keep the carry mag's standard flat baseplate on it. That little pinky tab really does make a difference in the overall height of the M&P9c vs. the G26.

On your belt, you'll probably not notice the extra weight vs. that of the G26 unless you're on a day-long hike.

-J-

+1 for me it's the grip length that is the most significant dimension for CC. If you use the mags without the pinky extension, the grip length on the M&P 9c and G26 is almost identical. To get much smaller, you have to go single stack.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Ive got an M&P 9c, and I know its bigger than a Glock 26. I carry it in an MTAC with a Bullhide belt, and dont have a problem with that. What Im wondering is, assuming the same holster and belt, is the 26 smaller enough to make a difference in comfort and concealability?

This will depend on your method of dress. I have no problem with comfort or concealment on 2 G19's. Like said above, grip length can definitely be your limiting factor. I have to work harder to conceal my G34, but only because of the grip not the slide. If you are happy with your M&P9c (which I like very much BTW), I would see no reason to go to a G26. If comfort is an issue you may need to look at your holster or concealment method (ie, placement of holster), I don't see how either gun would be more or less comfortable given other factors being the same.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom