• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJGatesE30

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    So I didn't buy much at the 1500 but I did get a korean made 33 round magazine for 9mm Glocks. It was only $20 but I'm thinking I should have spent some more on the Glock factory mag.

The first thing I noticed was the amount of front to back play it has when its in my 19 or 26, I would say around a 1/4 of an inch (at the base of it). Now there is some play with a G19 mag in the G26 but not nearly that much.

For you guys that have they factory ones, do they have this much play? How about these korean mags do they work ok or did I waste twenty bucks?

A pic to show you where im talking about (yes I did the arrow myself:D )
    2pob6on.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Can't vouch for the Korean Glock mag but I have used Korean mags in my HK-94 and my GSG-5 and they seem do be ok. I had just the opposite problem in my HK-94 in that the mags were too tight and I had to do a little filing on them to get them to lock up. After that I didn't have any problems.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    My problem witht he korean mags ( glock style) was binding. the rounds hung up quite often and the mags caused my G 19 to FTE several times.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I just recently ordered and received some Korean mags for a G22 and a G19 for my G27 and they actually fit snug. They are only the 15 rounders though. I actually thought about sanding the sides down a little bit since you actually have to pull it out.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't own any of the Korean mags, but I have a few Glock 33 rd mags and they have the same movement as you describe. Try seating a flush fitting mag in and you will notice it also has that movement. Now invision how much that movement would be exaggerated if extended downward the length of your 33 rd mag....

This would not be the issue I would worry about. I would take it out and see how it functions... You won't know until you do. I have always heard mixed feelings about the Korean mags.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I purchased 5 33 rnd mags from Korea (Kahn)...use then in my Kel-Tec Sub 2000 with no issues. They appear to be nearly identical to Glock mags...actually look to made of better quality lined metal than Glock.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had two of the knock-off 30-round magazines that I used in my Sub 2000 and G23. I never had one issue with the magazines. I purchased them primarily for the 2000; however, when used in my pistol, it was more of a novelty, but I can say they performed just fine.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I just tried a Glock 33 round mag in my G19 and there is play. Probably not the 1/4" described but still a noticable wobble. I've never had a jam using it either.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have several Scheerer (sp?) 33rd mags that I bought from the man himself during the 1st big gun scare. They were mega expensive then, $85!, and I'll never get my money out of them. They just sit in my mag box. None of my current Glocks are even 9mm. :dunno:

famous187

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    I have one of the Korean 33rd 9mm mags and it does not feed reliably. I don't ever really use it, not because it jams but because its just so impractical.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I agree with capt caveman. the glock factory mags are well worth the extra money. I have some of the korean ones and have had nothing but problems with them. Good luck with your mags and gun, I hope they work well for you so you didn't waste your money

Joz86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    NWI-Lowell
    I have a 31 round and several 15 round Korean mags for my Glock 22. The 15 rounders work prefect and fit like a Glock mag. The 31 rounder is an EXTREMELY tight fit, but has never caused any issues when firing.

Top Bottom