• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    This is probably a rhetorical question, but has anyone ever done a 'bobtail' combined with a slight grip-circumference reduction to their Glock 36 pistol...I recently picked one up.

I have small hands and like the thinness of the Glock 36...but do not favor the heel 'bump' that the factory grip presents. While I understand that it's intended to give you a more aggressive grip angle while shooting the pistol...it just isn't comfortable to me and I would rather smooth it down and bobtail it back under a bit.

I've searched through the INGO site to see what other's have done...but found nothing on a bobtail grip reduction.

If anyone has an experience, suggestions, etc...all would be helpful.

Thanks!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Coldbore does it Cold Bore Customs: Services & Pricing for Glock grip reductions and customizations But I'm not sure the 36 qualifies:

Glock "Bobtail" $40.00

"This Modification cuts off the bottom back of the grip section. It resembles the Ed Brown style Bobtail on the 1911. It reduces printing of the grip when carried as a CCW. The texture on the bobtail matches the OEM Glock texturing. The other textures are unable to be applied to the bobtail. This modification can only be performed on the midsized and full sized black non SF Glock frames due to the recessed magazine and grip design. "

I want to get my 19 done, and have been thinking about having AllenM give it a go so I could get it done local without shipping off the gun. My only concern is that you have to fill the gap in the back of the grip with some polymer material to do it, and I'm just not so sure about that process.

I'm not really interested in a stipple/texture change on the gun though, just the bobtail.

Here's a pic from coldbore:

Bobtail1.jpg

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Coldbore does it Cold Bore Customs: Services & Pricing for Glock grip reductions and customizations But I'm not sure the 36 qualifies:

Glock "Bobtail" $40.00

"This Modification cuts off the bottom back of the grip section. It resembles the Ed Brown style Bobtail on the 1911. It reduces printing of the grip when carried as a CCW. The texture on the bobtail matches the OEM Glock texturing. The other textures are unable to be applied to the bobtail. This modification can only be performed on the midsized and full sized black non SF Glock frames due to the recessed magazine and grip design. "

I want to get my 19 done, and have been thinking about having AllenM give it a go so I could get it done local without shipping off the gun. My only concern is that you have to fill the gap in the back of the grip with some polymer material to do it, and I'm just not so sure about that process.

I'm not really interested in a stipple/texture change on the gun though, just the bobtail.

Here's a pic from coldbore:

Bobtail1.jpg

That's a great pic from Cold Bore...and I do like that bobtail look. I actually found their website today and looked around through it and emailed my request to the owner to see what he might be able to do?

I'm thinking a smoothing of the finger bumps, a slight heel reduction, and a wrap-a-round stipling of the grip in the Glock texturing might work just fine. I don't need too much...but a little something off the grip would go a long way in making it feel more comfortable in the hand!

Thanks for the pin-point! I'm interested to see what Leon can do for the 36!

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    I really like where you're going with this. You might have hit a new niche that makes sense! G-36 with a bobbed grip sounds like a winner to me (on paper). Please do this if at all possible and share your findings with the world. I for one would be VERY interested with a setup like this. Pure genius my man... genius. If a guy could find a way to reduce the print some on a G-30---mo' betta'.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I heard back from Leon @ Cold Bore Customs and he stated that a 'bobtail' is impossible on the G29, G30, and G36 models due to their grip design.

I may go ahead and try it myself...go slow and see how it looks...and I can replace the frame with a G30SF if I really screw it up!

Whew...here we go!

Top Bottom