• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    So I picked up a mag holder a couple weeks ago, and have been running some reloading drills, and it seems like I need/want an extended mag release. It is just a bit hard to get my thumb around the grip to hit the release at the right angle, and I think one that's a little longer will do the trick.

I googled around a bit, and found the T.H.E. and the Vickers, are there any other brands out there? I'm leaning more towards the Vickers because its ~$16, rather than the ~$45 for the T.H.E. I am open to suggestions or comments.

Oh yea this will be on a G22.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    How 'bout Glock factory? Take the factory extended mag catch and dremel off the corners, and you basically have the functional equivalent of the Vickers for about 1/3 the price.

Of the two you mentioned, I'd take the Vickers over the T.H.E., simply because the latter is a multi-piece affair with little screws to back out/break/get lost/etc.

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    The Vickers is the one I recommend. The Glock extended release in my experience is too long. While easy to use, the holsters I use routinely released the magazine. I don't have that problem with the Vickers.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I have whatever Bradis installed for me in mine. I just filed the corners a little bit to take the sharpness off. It came in at just under $6 or $7 installed. I carry in an uncle mikes iwb neoprene holster and also a Raven iwb holster and have never had any issues with them releasing the mag. And it made a world of difference in the speed of release.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Didn't know Glock made one, any suggestion on where to pick on up? Probably will have to be online since the quality and quantity of gun shops up in NWI really leaves something to be desired.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The Vickers has worked well for me. I really only decided I needed an extended one at all because I am primarily left handed and with gloves on in the winter it is very tough to work the factory one. Right handed works pretty well with whatever.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Didn't know Glock made one, any suggestion on where to pick on up?

Here's an open secret - the Glock factory extended mag catch for the 9/40/357/45GAP pistols is nothing more than the standard mag catch out of the .45ACP/10mm pistols. :D You can pick one up for a few bucks from your favorite Glock parts house.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Search Results

If you can't find one locally or online, PM me and I'll hook you up.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Haven't been able to find one online in stock for less than $9, plus whatever they wanted for shipping. I'll look around locally, but I wouldn't be surprised if you see a PM from me next week. Maybe I can get to the Valpo show this weekend and find one there.

Top Bottom