• I prefer the Glock...

• Total voters

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just curious what everyone's preference is and why. Gonna get a G19 sometime in the future and am indecisive.

The only difference between the gen 3 and 4 I'm aware of is the more aggressive grip texturing on the 4. Do most people like it or do they prefer the older texturing?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    For me it's less about the texturing and more about the size of the grip. The Gen 4's grip (with no backstraps installed) is slightly smaller than the Gen 3's and fits my hand better. It's not much of a difference but it's enough to make me prefer it decidedly.

The Gen 4 also has a larger and easier to access magazine release and it comes with an extra mag (3 mags).

Here is my new Gen 4 Glock 19:

IMG_20131011_204246_769_zpsf924f5e9.jpg

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I prefer the gen 4's and I think all the new features are great. The grip is slightly slimmer, the texturing is better and the mag release is bigger and reversible. It also features the dual RSA but I really dont notice that big of a difference if any in the felt recoil. But all these features added together makes a much improved pistol IMO.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Gen 4 is my preference.. I like the slightly smaller grip. For some reason it feels like I can get a little higher (closer to the bore axis).

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Can't really go wrong with either one. It's ultimately which one you prefer. I prefer Gen 3 because of texture difference, but I still like Gen 2 better than 3 because of finger grooves. I do not like Gen 4 because they feel different to me. Before you think I'm a sissy I do have a Gen 3 RTF2 that is more aggressive than the Gen 4. My point after the rambling is get what you like and shoot it as much as you can. Don't worry about my likes/dislikes because they are just my preferences. Once you handle both and fire them if possible you will know which is right for you.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i prefer gen 4 - two reasons

the gen 4 seems a bit slimmer at the back of the grip, which fits my hand better

and more importantly, the gen 4 has a larger mag release. while it doesn't seem like much its MUCH easier to eject the mag - i might have been spoiled by buying a gen 4 as my first glock but i can release the mag without changing my grip, i can't do that on a gen 4. I have a large hand and stubby fingers.

Top Bottom