• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mgdiaz1993

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2015
    Fort Wayne
    So I have a 3rd Gen Glock I like to use as a project gun. The mag release was hard to for me to use no matter how much I trained with it due to my short thumbs. I like the grip size and decided I would cut my frame to get the larger Gen 4 mag release to fit.

The issue is that the right half of the Gen 4 release is smaller. My solution was to cut a Gen 3 mag release and a Gen 4 mag release in half, then fuse them together by heating the two halves with a wood burner and pushing them together. It worked, functioned well, and looked okay.

Fast forward to range time today, I was having issues with a particular Gen 1 mag that wouldn't drop free. I went to strip the mag and my Franken-release broke in half. (Pretty much knew that would happen)

So now I'm looking for suggestions on how to correct the issue with a fix that is more robust. Currently my options are 3D printing a mag release that I have design in a CAD system, or possibly modify an extended mag release to sit more flush with the frame. Other suggestions or links to someone who already makes what I'm describing would be greatly appreciated.

I've heard of a company doing this modification but can't find any website information.

42438032_234300103933863_4947365827465707520_n.jpg

Top Bottom