• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Perhaps you should shrink the circumference of the stocks?

Robar does an excellent job with this.

What is your carry holster and belt? Perhaps you should look to that before impacting the integrity of your weapon?

The only addition I may look into is filling the backstrap area void with some polymer and doing a workup somewhat like a bobtail on it.

You are aware that the void is there for a reason, right?

Just things to keep in mind.:twocents:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Look, I think we can all agree that there is an advantage to having a longer slide/sight radius on a handgun for accuracy purposes.

I think we can all also agree that since the barrel.slide is down your pants, it is not a part of the weapon that we have to worry too much about concealing.

The grip is the part that we have to conceal, and for some of us smaller framed guys a full size glock frame sticks out and makes a bulge in our shirt. I have used a Raven for OWB carry and tried the raven and a friend's crossbreed for IWB (I mention these holsters because they are known to keep the gun tight to the body).

For someone who wants to keep the advantage of the longer slide, but gain a little more concealment from their glock, chopping the frame is a good option. By "saving up to get a 19/23" you are losing the longer barrel/sight radius.

I say forget the haters and do it if you want to. I like mine a lot. Like I said I would like a 35 so I could bring the frame back to full size if I ever wanted too, but for now the 22 chopped to 23 works great for me, not to mention that I can use my mother and my father's mags since they each have their own 23. Hmmm mag interchangeability in the house seems to be a good enough reason to chop it all on its own.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    It really is a no brainer, people have been altering guns to suit their needs for years. If you want a hybrid G17/19, and it is within your capabilities, by all means, just do it. If you really mess it up (which you won't if you take your time to lay it out.) you can buy a replacement frame on gun broker for under $200.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    AWWW see now you guys got me thinking too much. My head hurts now. Thanks.

I too need to see some pics of Wwarren's 17 cut to 26. That takes some balls right there. I'm not even sure about the 19 cut yet!

as to Kirk freeman's question: all I have now is a OWB Blackhawk. Perhaps (as was mentioned many times) a good IWB is in order. Anyone suggest Milt Sparks over Crossbreed? Maybe the opposite?

Screw it maybe a 1911 is in order for EDC.

You guys make me sick... :)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom