• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Hey i was at the local gun shop and they had a new rock island armory match 1911 .45. Im a die hard glock guy but i realy like the feel and would like to maybe try something different. They had $695 on it. Does anyone have one of these or know anyone who does. Any input is greatly appriceated.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Hey i was at the local gun shop and they had a new rock island armory match 1911 .45. Im a die hard glock guy but i realy like the feel and would like to maybe try something different. They had $695 on it. Does anyone have one of these or know anyone who does. Any input is greatly appriceated.

Welcome to the light, and by the way at that price I would look at STI, Desert Eagle, Ruger, Springfield Armory.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I like RIA they are good guns.

But Rock island is a good entry level 1911. However I have not handled a "Match" Rock Island.
    At $695.00 it may be a good buy but with a little shopping you are getting near entry level Kimber Or the new Ruger SR1911 which is all USA built comes in closer to $600.00 I found one and ordered it locally for 599.00.
    But as I said I have not shot RIA's match grade gun.

gharris18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks for the advice guys I think i may have settled on the RIA tactical 1911 .45. The gun will mostly be used to shoot IDPA and a range gun. As far as CCW duty I have to stick with my trusty Glock 19.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    This.

RIA are decent guns, no doubt about that. They are, however, not $700 guns.

You should be able to find them in the $450 - $550 range pretty easily.

This.

A Kimber Custom II should run $730 (mine did, but that was about a year ago), and RIA are not Kimbers. They should be $550, maybe with the current run on handguns and high demand for 1911 maybe $600, maybe.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    RIA is a good 1911 intro.

It is a good starter 1911 but the price is a tad high. Shop around you might find a better price. Don't shy away from the 1911 it can be an addictive weapon. Everyone buys their first, nobody buys their last 1911. There is always another one in your future. Good luck and post pics and a range report.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Don't shy away from the 1911 it can be an addictive weapon. Everyone buys their first, nobody buys their last 1911. There is always another one in your future.

How true! I own 8 of the suckers now. You might want to look at an ATI if you can find one around. I just picked up this one last week for $385 and I couldn't be happier! I have Colt's, Les Baers and Springfields, but this thing is a great gun for the price. Tight, well-made and has shot everything I've put through it so far (150 rounds).

ATFXGI2.jpg
    [/IMG]

ATIFXGI.jpg
    [/IMG]

Top Bottom