• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Anyone owned one? Opinions? Hiking knife,camping? General outdoor knife?

They are good quality knives and cheap.

They would make good knives for hiking and camping as they are quite light for their size.
    The only down side to its light weight and the shape of the blade it's that it's not a good wood chopping knife.
    If you dont plan on using it to chop wood I think it would serve you well in all the roles you mentioned IMO.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I've got one. I haven't really used it for anything, I keep it with some other knives and bayonets I don't use in a corner of the safe.
    It's well made, it's sturdy enough, and it was inexpensive. The sheath/scabbard latching mech is very secure, but it's a little awkward for me to use quickly. I like that the hilt has a bent-over part that works as a bottle opener. :)

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    I had one for years (with the root saw back) and liked it. The sheath is sturdy and the lock positive. The steel sharpened up wicked sharp, the root saw worked well and it actually threw pretty well, as I found out when bored one day in camp. I gave mine away to a guy in Africa, meaning to pick up another when I got back, but I haven't gotten one yet.

They are long and thin. I've since thought if you lopped a Glock knife with the root saw off to a 4''-5" blade, it would be a great field knife.

451 - when you get another, email me and I will trade you for something if you want.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Too large for a good camp knife, too light for for heavy work, everytime I get one from being an RO at a GSSF match I give it away.

+1

I used to have one, but I dont have any use for what is essentially a bayonet minus any kind of attachment. If you want a long slender blade get a real bayonet that can actually attach to a rifle, or shotgun. :twocents:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have one and like it. It's a fine general use and camping knife. I keep mine in one of my shooting bags. It's not going to do any heavy work or batoning but it'll cut some light duty items.

I have this weird hobby of collecting knives which match guns which I own so that was another reason for me to get one marked Glock.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I have had one for about two years and its been a good knife. The steel is a little soft but for a general purpose knife its alright. Its not the best chopper but in all its a good knife.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Got one when they first came out. Easy to sharpen and works ok. A little too long for most of my uses. I bought one for my sister-in-law to use with her metal detector for digging; she loves it.

Top Bottom