• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Finally got a chance to go shoot the Glock 17 RTF2 Gen3. Its great. Put 250 rounds through it and never tore my hand up at all. So 15 clips without any signs of problems from the texture, I like it.

Also stopped by 2nd Amendment guns this morning and picked up a holster and spare clip. He liked it as well, but hasn't shot one, either.

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    Finally got a chance to go shoot the Glock 17 RTF2 Gen3. Its great. Put 250 rounds through it and never tore my hand up at all. So 15 clips without any signs of problems from the texture, I like it.

Also stopped by 2nd Amendment guns this morning and picked up a holster and spare clip. He liked it as well, but hasn't shot one, either.

What on earth is a "clip"? I didn't know a Glock took clips? :twocents:

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I've shot a couple of the RTF Glocks. I didn't have a problem with them tearing up my hand. I did have a problem with the grip on my RTF G23 tearing up my side when worn IWB. Also, any time I bent over, the my cover shirt would stick to the grip like velcro and stay pulled up if I wasn't constantly thinking about it.
    For that reason, I opted to sell it and get a Gen 4 G23. I've had better luck with it for CC, but your mileage may vary.
    On a side note, I did kinda like the "shark gill" serrations on the slide. I thought they should have carried that on into the Gen 4 pistols.
    Good purchase, though, OP. And if you like it, and you carry it, and you're confident with it, that's all that really matters. :yesway:

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have a RTF2 23. Great to shoot but not to carry. Like others have said it sticks to cloths like Velcro. Also rubbed me raw while carrying. I hope it works out better to carry for you.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    What on earth is a "clip"? I didn't know a Glock took clips? :twocents:
    yeah, I deserved that.
    Never had issues with carrying it yet. Unfortunately it's only a few hours at a time on ranges or private land. No LTCH yet. Sorry, no pics, no camera at the time. Wouldn't have mattered much. While grouping was good, I keep pulling down left, had an NRA member of many years (more accurate than me) shoot and it was low left, but not as bad as me. Shooter skills need to catch up to gun skills.
    The KelTec SU22 jammed a few times, seems to be real picky on the rounds. But it was still fun. Brother had his shotgun out, too. Loves it, not my style.
    I will keep working on it and hopefully the 2 new ranges on 421 and Avon area will open up to help me out. Or if EC will reopen. But it's kind of nice going to the woods with targets in hand nd a few friends. Spend a few hours and shoot multiple guns. Think we had 10 yesterday, good times and everyone was safe and cleaned up targets and brass as we went. Good times.

Last edited:

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I'd be careful about transporting it to shoot it without your LTCH. That could cause you some issues.
    Step ahead. Brother already has LTCH-I have him transporting since we typically go shooting together anyways. I haven't had a chance to read up on transporting laws yet, so I just haven't done it. Thanks for the the tip though.

Superj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Florida
    My brother had a rtf Glock and competed with it at an IPSC match. He had a blistered hand by the end of the last stage. I told him that he needed to toughen up!!

southpaw.nc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    The rough grips have two problems:
    1- They tend to grab your shirt and expose your weapon to view
    2- They will rub against your side, rub ya raw

I find the finger grooves do alot to keeping the gun properly situated in my hands.

Top Bottom