• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I'm putting together a custom thing and figured I wanted to keep an extra set of parts for the slide just in case. I'm working off of a gen 5 19 MOS slide. It seems that all the usual retailers online don't sell part kits for gen 5. Is it still that new? Anyone have suggestions?

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    I think you will find that the only Gen 5 specific Slide part is the striker and possible the slide cover plate. Check this site and download parts list for certified Armorers. You can't use it to buy parts but you can reference what slide parts are listed as the same on the Gen 3 - 5 guns

https://us.glock.com/en/downloadable-materials
    That was pretty helpful. I didn't know about that form. From what I've gathered after combing through that, the below listed parts would be needed specifically for a gen 5 19. I may have missed some though. The other parts in the slide assembly would be compatible from gen 4 parts kits.

Gen 5 parts:

Recoil spring assembly
    Firing pin safety
    Firing pin
    Slide locking spring

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Looks about right. You probably won't need spares of anything since other than the recoil spring the parts aren't likely to fail.. Not telling you what to do but I generally use Gen 3 RSA in all my guns. I find it to be more forgiving with different weight bullets or loads that are at minimum levels. If you want to try it you just need the bushing below and a Gen 3 RSA.. PS the slide lock spring is in the frame

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPHA-ONE-Stainless-Steel-GEN-3-TO-GEN4-Guide-Rod-Adapter-For-ALL-GLOCK-MODELS/323306515828

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I'll 2nd BigTexasOutdoors as a great place to buy all Glock parts. Jedi15 used to be a good discount code.

Top Bottom