• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    I am very new to firearms. Do I need a carry permit to take my guns to a shooting range? Also, if I am able to buy semi-automatic weapons, would I be able to get a carry permit?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi John. You no longer need a LTCH to bring your handguns to the range. Just transport them unloaded and secured out of reach.(In Indiana)

I assume you mean a semi-auto weapons purchase by passing the 4473 background check? That's probably a good indicator that you would have no trouble getting your carry license. But the two systems are completely independant and separate, and have their own flaws and mistakes.

johnny

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    Hi John. You no longer need a LTCH to bring your handguns to the range. Just transport them unloaded and secured out of reach.(In Indiana)

I assume you mean a semi-auto weapons purchase by passing the 4473 background check? That's probably a good indicator that you would have no trouble getting your carry license. But the two systems are completely independant and separate, and have their own flaws and mistakes.

Thanks for the info!

Yes, that is the background check I passed. I have no issues legally, just a little intimidating doing it and I don't want to mess up.
    I will probably wait until I am at least proficient with the firearm before I take it with me on a daily carry basis.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO! Have you had any form of training at all? If not, you really should check into the training forum here. Several very good trainers around. Have fun and be safe... :yesway:

Top Bottom