• ...and so much more!
  • Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    While many are taking the good weather to put up their Christmas Decorations not this Griswold. The breeze made the gunsmoke float away as the gong at 75 yards kept ringing. Taking turns with my Marlin in 45Colt to match my Calvary Model Colt, these two American Made Classics turned in a great performance. The Leather Rig was made for me by John Bianchi back in my fundraising days. I was asked by a fellow shooter where I got a 50 round box of cartridges as he thought 20 was the only way they came today unless you get bulk packs. Kids. I only load 5 in the Colt unless my guts tell me to load six. The Marlin was chocked full of 10 in the magazine and one in the chamber. Today's load was a 260 Grain Hardcast bullet over 7 Grains of Unique. Today was good to shoot the old guns. Now I have the opportunity to clean them. For me, that is fun too!

IMG_0309 (002).jpg

IMG_0312 (002).jpg

IMG_0319 (002).jpg

Last edited:

Nhinkle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    Shelbyville
    That looks like a blast! I love the old western style firearms. I just got a marlin 1894 in 44 magnum. I kinda wish I would have gotten something in 45 colt so I could have the set up you have with a matching caliber revolver in true western style.

Top Bottom