• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Years ago I went to gun shows a couple times a month. When they started being more like flea markets I gave up. Dealers selling jewelry, purses, crafting crap, etc drove me nuts.
    I’m wondering if there are any good shows in south east Indiana?
    Thanks

KMarshall

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 6, 2023
    Indianapolis
    There's always gonna be a few venders selling od ball things. Not only men go to shows so if we don't entertain there's partners/kids then they will be rushed through or put on a tight budget. A few venders selling jewelry or purses helps everyone and makes it more enjoyable. Even if you get in gunbroker there's going to be conceal carry purses or gun related jewelry.

Evansville is this weekend, it's normally a good show. As far as East Iv talked to the owner of CIGS and the issue is finding a building big enough with the population to support a show. we do want to come to that area tho.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    There's always gonna be a few venders selling od ball things. Not only men go to shows so if we don't entertain there's partners/kids then they will be rushed through or put on a tight budget. A few venders selling jewelry or purses helps everyone and makes it more enjoyable. Even if you get in gunbroker there's going to be conceal carry purses or gun related jewelry.

Evansville is this weekend, it's normally a good show. As far as East Iv talked to the owner of CIGS and the issue is finding a building big enough with the population to support a show. we do want to come to that area tho.
    I’ve never minded the items that are firearms related. It just seems that it went from gun shows to closer to flea markets. At least that was my experience.
    I sincerely hope to see you in our area. May want to look at Lawrenceburg IN. I believe they have venues that may meet your needs. And from what I’ve heard there are lots of guys around here that would attend.

1SG USA Ret

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Pendleton
    I came back to Indiana in 1985. There was only one Indy 1500 a year back then. We trekked around the state to gun shows but we noticed some shows had lots of military weapons and clothing. It is what it is. If the promoter enforces the rules and doesn't let the military surplus vendors or the preppers in, they lose money. Some of the shows were great, some went under. I remember the Fort Wayne Coloseum show was really good but now, not so much. Personally, I like the smaller shows as the vendors will deal with you.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Hope this is the correct spot for this question.
    Anyone attended the Gun Shows in Harrison, OH? (near the SE Corner of IN)
    I may be up in that area next Saturday & thought I might try to Stop by-If it's worth the time.
    Primarily looking for Reloading components (Not Firearms)
    Looks like it is put on my West275Properties.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Hope this is the correct spot for this question.
    Anyone attended the Gun Shows in Harrison, OH? (near the SE Corner of IN)
    I may be up in that area next Saturday & thought I might try to Stop by-If it's worth the time.
    Primarily looking for Reloading components (Not Firearms)
    Looks like it is put on my West275Properties.
    I live just over the boarder from Harrison Ohio in indiana. I have never heard of a gun show in Harrison Ohio. Unless it’s small or outside I don’t know of a venue that could host a decent size show. Let me know if you find it and go.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I live just over the boarder from Harrison Ohio in indiana. I have never heard of a gun show in Harrison Ohio. Unless it’s small or outside I don’t know of a venue that could host a decent size show. Let me know if you find it and go.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Thanks. Have you ever been? Looks like it’s out of Harrison proper possibly close to Fernald. Same address is also listed as the Miami Town gun show.
    Like the OP I’d be interested to know of anyone has been.
    I am in Harrison fairly frequently. I’ll give the location a drive by to check it out in the next week or so.

GraySmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2024
    Hancock County
    Years ago I went to gun shows a couple times a month. When they started being more like flea markets I gave up. Dealers selling jewelry, purses, crafting crap, etc drove me nuts.
    I’m wondering if there are any good shows in south east Indiana?
    Thanks
    Cincinnati is the best show for our area. Connersville used to have one, but I don't know if it is still continuing. Brookville will be starting in a few months, there are always a bunch of guys set up there with guns and other gun related stuff there. Last season I bought a couple of hundred pounds of lead there for around twenty cents per pound. And the best part was that it was already cleaned!

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Brookville will be starting in a few months, there are always a bunch of guys set up there with guns and other gun related stuff there. Last season I bought a couple of hundred pounds of lead there for around twenty cents per pound. And the best part was that it was already cleaned!

Brookville? Where? Got a link?

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    I went to check out the venue. While I can Not speak to the quality of the show I can say that the building it is held in appears quite small. I’ve never been (and probably won’t now that I’ve seen it unless someone hear has a different experience) so as I said I’m NOT judging the show only the size.
    IMG_2337.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2338.jpeg
      IMG_2338.jpeg
      494.1 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_2336.jpeg
      IMG_2336.jpeg
      253.8 KB · Views: 4
    • IMG_2337.jpeg
      IMG_2337.jpeg
      379.6 KB · Views: 3

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    The flea market out at White's farm off of 52.
    Whites. Yes. I go with a buddy a few times a month. He’s been going since is was at the sale barn before Whites.
    Years ago you could pick up a deal once in a while. I haven’t seen a deal there for quite a while. Doesn’t mean I’ll stop going and looking.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    I went to check out the venue. While I can Not speak to the quality of the show I can say that the building it is held in appears quite small. I’ve never been (and probably won’t now that I’ve seen it unless someone hear has a different experience) so as I said I’m NOT judging the show only the size.
    View attachment 336634
    Thanks for checking this out!
    My Travel plans for the weekend have Changed, so I'm not going to be able to check it out in person.
    If anybody goes, would appreciate a report.

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    Thanks for checking this out!
    My Travel plans for the weekend have Changed, so I'm not going to be able to check it out in person.
    If anybody goes, would appreciate a report.
    My pleasure. It looks like they do it there often. I may hit it on a Saturday I’m Not busy. Probably won’t plan a day around it but if I’m on the area it may be a good way to spend an hour or so. If I do, I’ll report here.

nagantoid

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Newburgh
    Louisville gun show is this weekend, and it is a big one. In another building is the largest military show in the US.
    My father-in-law keeps sending me links to gun/knife shows in KY and TN and I'm like... okay, but the hassle of shipping to a local FFL? It always seemed like too much trouble to me to go to an out of state gun show if your goal is actually to find a firearm bargain. Am I the moron here? Are there deals to be had that are worth the messing about?

Top Bottom