• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    A friend is headed to Kokomo in a couple of weeks and asked the question, "Is there any good gun stores in Kokomo"? I said I would try and find out. Anyone want to put in their :twocents:.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    Bullseye is right on 31 with an indoor shooting range. Just north of Kokokmo in Galveston is Down by the Tracks. Haven't been in with the new owners yet but they are a sponsor here and said they have the same as before. Which would mean a small shop jammed with lots of good deals.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was just at Bullseye this afternoon. They are always busy, but the staff is great. I walked out with a old Springfield 22 semiauto plinker.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have been in at Down by the Tracks a few times and the owner have struck me as very snobby and disinterested in helping customers. They have also been unwilling to deal at all despite having prices higher than many other places. I have spent some money in there in the past but after trying to spend money the past few times and their refusal to deal at all I doubt I will bother stopping in there again.

I haven't been to Bulleye's in years...they did have a nice place with a good bit of stock before they didn't to branch into boats.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I have been in at Down by the Tracks a few times and the owner have struck me as very snobby and disinterested in helping customers. They have also been unwilling to deal at all despite having prices higher than many other places. I have spent some money in there in the past but after trying to spend money the past few times and their refusal to deal at all I doubt I will bother stopping in there again.

That must've been the old owner. The new guys are friendly as all get-out!

Eulogy32

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Carmel, Indiana
    +1 to Bullseye. They've always treated me right and I can't say enough good things about them. Roby and Ryan are top notch guys.

I bought night-sights off of Ryan and he installed them for me for free. I also recently used them for a FFL transfer and they let me use the range for free to test out my purchase.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County

I haven't been to Bulleye's in years...they did have a nice place with a good bit of stock before they didn't to branch into boats.

I've been biting my tongue about this shop (Down by the Tracks) with these exact same sentiments but now that I see I'm not the only one...

Every time I've been in there the guy who sits at the computer seems WAY more interested in whatever he is doing than helping you with anything. I couldn't find out about whether they are willing to deal on anything because the guy wouldn't get up from the computer and actually interact with me. I'm pretty tolerant of folks and understand that sometimes the people on the other side of the counter are actually busy, but after 3 trips to that shop with these same findings, there won't be a 4th.

Now Bullseye, on the other hand, gets my business every time. Bought many things from Roby and will continue to do so. Probably the overall nicest environment in a gun shop I've been in. Even when they are obviously busy, the always find time to help you. Prices are very competetive as well. Highly recommend this shop!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I would add I owned a brick and mortar gunshop for over 20 years, I know there are times when it is tough to give great attention to everyone who walks in. However I think in every visit I have been the only customer in the shop. I never was unwilling to bargain on anything in the store no matter the price...hell I would bargain on a box of 22's...lol. I always made it a habit to greet the customer by walking to him and asking if he/she was looking for anything in particular. I didn't care what the customer looked like...quite a few guys in coveralls with manure on their boots bought some high end shotguns from me over the years. Last time I was in that shop I was ready to buy a couple guns from them...they had what I wanted but their attitude made me walk out empty handed and I bought both online later.

Top Bottom