• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    Interesting. 2 BG's ride up to quickie mart on bicycles, yes I said bicycles, and attempt to rob the clerk. BG's fire shots, clerk returns fire, hitting a BG, second flees.

Man involved in attempted robbery dies at hospital - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community

This story is not in Indiana, but just across river and a little south of Louisville. Man and Family return home, find someone in their house, struggle ensues over gun, BG shot. Carry that weapon on you, no struggle, BG doesn't have access to it except for projectile!

Burglary leaves suspect in the hospital - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Interesting. 2 BG's ride up to quickie mart on bicycles, yes I said bicycles, and attempt to rob the clerk. BG's fire shots, clerk returns fire, hitting a BG, second flees.

Man involved in attempted robbery dies at hospital - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community

This story is not in Indiana, but just across river and a little south of Louisville. Man and Family return home, find someone in their house, struggle ensues over gun, BG shot. Carry that weapon on you, no struggle, BG doesn't have access to it except for projectile!

Burglary leaves suspect in the hospital - WDRB 41 Louisville - News, Weather, Sports Community
    No sane emotionally stable person wants to take another's life. BUT, if that other person is a real threat he/she becomes a target out past your front site and you shoot 'till the threat is over. Unfortunately the expired perp's death will be counted as another caused by a firearm and used to pump up the antis' statistics.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    If you haven't noticed the change in the Dem's stance over guns, the new interstate carry bill proffered 47 democrats to the yea side on this bill. Seeing as the one who stopped Gabby Gifford's shooter was a LTCH holder in AZ, it actually brought some real time truth to the arming of citizens.

wallotcorydon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corydon
    No sane emotionally stable person wants to take another's life. BUT, if that other person is a real threat he/she becomes a target out past your front site and you shoot 'till the threat is over. Unfortunately the expired perp's death will be counted as another caused by a firearm and used to pump up the antis' statistics.

Sadly I agree about the "antis". They will not see the fact that had this clerk NOT been armed, there is a very good chance he would be the deceased not the perp.

I know around here in the southern part of the state, things like burglaries and such are just getting out of control. I have been a LTCH for a long time and tried repeatedly to get my wife to get hers. She would not hear of it, until our home was robbed in May 2010. The next day she was filling out application! I hope and pray, that neither of us ever have to resort to using our firearm in self defense, but I assure you, neither of us would hesitate if backed into a corner.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Sadly I agree about the "antis". They will not see the fact that had this clerk NOT been armed, there is a very good chance he would be the deceased not the perp.

I know around here in the southern part of the state, things like burglaries and such are just getting out of control. I have been a LTCH for a long time and tried repeatedly to get my wife to get hers. She would not hear of it, until our home was robbed in May 2010. The next day she was filling out application! I hope and pray, that neither of us ever have to resort to using our firearm in self defense, but I assure you, neither of us would hesitate if backed into a corner.
    Things are definitely getting crazy. Each of the last 3 years in the Vanderburgh County area the number of meth labs found has increased dramatically. Just last week one blew up in the garage of a home in a really upscale neighborhood. The house burned to the ground and severely damaged those on both sides. To say that the people in that neighborhood were shocked is an understatement. We've also had several armed robberies in the last month, one by 3 guys in hoodies and masks who barged into a grocery store in the evening with guns drawn. We carriers need to do a reverse question of people who don't carry. "What's wrong with you? You aren't carrying a gun. Are you nuts. Don't you watch the news?" Rant completed:xmad:

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    Things are definitely getting crazy. Each of the last 3 years in the Vanderburgh County area the number of meth labs found has increased dramatically. Just last week one blew up in the garage of a home in a really upscale neighborhood. The house burned to the ground and severely damaged those on both sides. To say that the people in that neighborhood were shocked is an understatement. We've also had several armed robberies in the last month, one by 3 guys in hoodies and masks who barged into a grocery store in the evening with guns drawn. We carriers need to do a reverse question of people who don't carry. "What's wrong with you? You aren't carrying a gun. Are you nuts. Don't you watch the news?" Rant completed:xmad:

Meth lab calls continue to rise. We need to try a law like Ky has regarding the sale of Pseudoephedrine.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Meth lab calls continue to rise. We need to try a law like Ky has regarding the sale of Pseudoephedrine.

I confess I am unfamiliar with that law, please post it.

But... On the surface it sounds a little like guncontrol... I use pseudoephedrine like alergy medicine and cold medicine because the other stuff doesn't work on me. I feel like a criminal when I have to ask for it by name and hand over my drivers license so they can scan the damn barcode. I wanna say "Don't you see my ****ing runny nose???"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Nevermind I found it. It won't change a damn thing. I worked with a guy for a while that was busted with lortabs. He had a network of old people that wanted cash more than the pain pills. Drs will write a px for anything you want anyway.

TLHelmer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Evansville area
    We don't have the law in Indiana and I dont work in Ky. There are ways around all of the pseudo laws, but it has helped them.

Unlike guns, there is no constitutional protection for Pseudoephedrine. Meth devastates people, families and communities.

I confess I am unfamiliar with that law, please post it.

But... On the surface it sounds a little like guncontrol... I use pseudoephedrine like alergy medicine and cold medicine because the other stuff doesn't work on me. I feel like a criminal when I have to ask for it by name and hand over my drivers license so they can scan the damn barcode. I wanna say "Don't you see my ****ing runny nose???"

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    We don't have the law in Indiana and I dont work in Ky. There are ways around all of the pseudo laws, but it has helped them.

Unlike guns, there is no constitutional protection for Pseudoephedrine. Meth devastates people, families and communities.

I was referring to the uselessness of it. Criminals still have guns and still make meth. Legallize it and regulating it becomes easier. Take the "F" out of ATF and replace it with a "D". Then they wouldn't affect me one bit.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Yep, take my $3 box of ephedrine and make me have to spend $80 on a doctors visit to get it. That stuff is a life saver for someone like me and I do not wish to pay more for it. Of course making a it a prescription would solve the problem. Lortabs are prescription, but I bet within 5 minutes I could get my hands on some.

More laws do not solve the problem. I do not even think Vandeburgh county is the worse in Indiana. Our cops just bust more of them, the other counties just aren't making their quota

revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    Shot Placement

Shot placement has cost thousands in medical expenses.

Range time MATTERS

Top Bottom