• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I was at three different gun shops and I noticed right away that they had a supply of guns in racks and in glass counters, was pleasantly surprised to say the least. Two of the shops had 22lr and had a limit of 500.MAYBE, MAYBE THINGS are going to start being available soon.It does look promising.Just a observation.

Whisk604

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Rensselaer
    I'll start getting excited when reloading supplies start showing up again. I just hope rebounds before the next political scare and it starts all over again.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    One can only hope things are getting better. Over here on the northeast side things are still glum and in short supply. I did see a Gen 5 G19 and Ruger 5-7 at Rural King in Decatur. Someone must have finally broke down and bought a high dollar 28 gauge O/U or double barrel. All the Walmarts pretty much have bare shelves in the sporting goods section. Even most local gun shops are limiting ammo to 1 or 2 boxes / all calibers

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Oops i didn't clarify earlier. Since last March when the China virus hit, Walmarts all had 6 to 8 boxes of 28 gauge shotgun shells on the shelves. Just in the last 2 weeks in this area, they are all gone. Someone must have broke down and bought one or found an old one that grandpa had and bought the ammo because it was the ONLY AMMO on the entire shelf!!!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I was at three different gun shops and I noticed right away that they had a supply of guns in racks and in glass counters, was pleasantly surprised to say the least. Two of the shops had 22lr and had a limit of 500.MAYBE, MAYBE THINGS are going to start being available soon.It does look promising.Just a observation.
    Do you mind sharing which gun shops had .22, your close to me and I could definitely use some. If it wasn't $100 for 500.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Yea, it was blythes in griffith , also had some pistol ammo,I saw about 16 boxes of 9mm or 45 didnt look at caliber, and I asked a salesman by pistol counter , he said they had no 22s. then another salesman said yea we do, its right here on shelf. Sure enough about 5 or 6 bulk packs.Midwest guns in mishawaka sold me 5 50rnd boxes and said he can sell 500 rounds to a single person.8.80 for a box of aguila super xtra. I bit and got 5 boxes.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Was just listening to a Hornady podcast. They mentioned that when they acquired the Remington ammunition plant, it was not making much ammunition. They are in the process of getting it back online and pushing out some of the familiar Remington product lines.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    just bought 600 rds of green tips from cabelas. I was talking to the guys there. Apparently this past week or so, they have been receiving almost 2x their usual shipment of ammo as compared to this past year. Here's to hoping...

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    TONIGHT I ALMOST FELL OVER!! At first I thought I was being "punked" or something. I went to the Logansport Rural King and they actually had ammo. Not just shotgun shells, but much 200 round boxes of 5.56. They also had much 6.5 Creedmor, much, much 380, 45LC, much, much 223 It was all a limit of one box per customer, but still? I almost fell to my knees and started to sob. LOL!!

Then... wait until you hear this!! The wife and I went to Logansport Wal-Mart. They also actually had some ammo.Again not just shotgun shells. They had CCI 17HMR, 222,45-70, 30-06, 6.5 Creedmore and a couple other calibers I forget. Not a lot of each, but still. I about fell over. I had to search for the sporting goods associate to by 2 boxes of 17 HMR. When I finally found him next door in the paint dept. I told him and the guy with him I wanted to buy some ammo. He replied " if we had any chuckle, chuckle" I said you do have some. He followed me over to the ammo case and looked and said "well I'll be a $%^&*$".

Not sure what the cosmos and universe is doing but I like it. Maybe these places gun counters have stopped calling their buddies when a shipment comes in and this is the result?

Top Bottom