• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stang51d

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 25, 2012
    Centerpoint
    A little background. I have been divorced from her mother for a long time. I am re-married now and hy wife now is awsm. She is infinitely better. We have my daughter over night on wed nights and I take her to school on Thursday mornings.

Today, like every day, the drive was full of commentary by her. This time it was about a thing they do at the end of the school year where they dress up in costumes and have a game show kind of thing. Idk how it works, seems odd to me, but she tells me that this year she is dressing up like Steve from minecraft. This is what she said next.

...... I'm going to dress up like Steve but I need a diamond sword like on minecraft but my mom (she works at that school) won't let me have one. She says (and in an almost Charlie brown teacher voice) "you can't take a fake weapon to school". Huh! This one kid brought a baseball batt to school, and that's a REAL weapon, this is just a foam stick! Duh!!......

A 10 year old has more common sense then most of the people running these schools.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    She obviously hasn't been going to "school" long enough to have the common sense trained out of her. Shame her mom is helping with that.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    See if you can find (or make) the pick axe from Minecraft. :)

That's not a weapon, its a tool.

(For bonus points, figure out how to make it purple and drip with irony.) :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A little background. I have been divorced from her mother for a long time. I am re-married now and hy wife now is awsm. She is infinitely better. We have my daughter over night on wed nights and I take her to school on Thursday mornings.

Today, like every day, the drive was full of commentary by her. This time it was about a thing they do at the end of the school year where they dress up in costumes and have a game show kind of thing. Idk how it works, seems odd to me, but she tells me that this year she is dressing up like Steve from minecraft. This is what she said next.

...... I'm going to dress up like Steve but I need a diamond sword like on minecraft but my mom (she works at that school) won't let me have one. She says (and in an almost Charlie brown teacher voice) "you can't take a fake weapon to school". Huh! This one kid brought a baseball batt to school, and that's a REAL weapon, this is just a foam stick! Duh!!......

A 10 year old has more common sense then most of the people running these schools.

So refreshing.....If sense were common every one would have it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was reviewing our "left without being seen" statistics last month. My six year-old asked what I was doing, I explained these are people who came to the ER but left without being seen by a doctor. His response: "oh, I see, is that because they had to wait too long and didn't want to stay?"

Kids have some scary insight. Makes me wonder what they notice about us and don't mention.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    See if you can find (or make) the pick axe from Minecraft. :)

That's not a weapon, its a tool.

(For bonus points, figure out how to make it purple and drip with irony.) :D

If the OP needs it, I always keep several jars of irony in the cupboard. ( I may run out of maple syrup, but I'll never run short of irony)

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Sad really. I could almost 'understand' a foam sword (made to look realistic) being disallowed.
    but a minecraft sword isn't even a foam stick... it'd be foam blocks, glued to a stick. lol
    Think PONG. you have to use a bit of imagination to picture a pixel sword... I realize it is beside the point... but it boggles my mind that something this abstract would be disallowed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sad really. I could almost 'understand' a foam sword (made to look realistic) being disallowed.
    but a minecraft sword isn't even a foam stick... it'd be foam blocks, glued to a stick. lol
    Think PONG. you have to use a bit of imagination to picture a pixel sword... I realize it is beside the point... but it boggles my mind that something this abstract would be disallowed.

But these are zero tolerance folks who lump nerf in with UZIs and field artillery, and sometimes PICTURES of airguns on the intarwebz. Further reinforcement of why we homeschool. (plus I would get in trouble banging my kid's teacher if we didnt... right now it is encouraged :rockwoot:)

Top Bottom