• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Well I traded off my SOG Trident Tanto today. Traded it and some ammo for a marlin .22 mag. When I got the knife I thought it was wonderful. Then I got a kershaw zing from Brad. Even though the kershaw is a less expensive knife, I feel like it is a sturdier built and better knife overall. I think I am now sold on Kershaw for quite a while. I doubt I'll miss the SOG.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    As I said before on this forum, Im a big Kershaw fan. Have been for a long time.

Welcome to the Kershaw fan club.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    My new favorite knife to carry is a Kershaw Ram...absolutely love this knife.

+1 for Kershaw!

Yep, I've spent thousands on knives and my Ram is still my go to knife as my edc. Just wish they'd come out with one with a better steel.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    My kershaw leek w/ D2 cutting edge is one of my most carried edc knives, its taken a back seat to my spyderco sage 2 since I picked it up from Brad tho...

back to the subject at hand, Kershaw makes some good knives!

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I always think people who rave about their SOG's have never held a benchmade, spyderco, emerson, kershaw...

I had a SOG for a year or two before I really got into knives. I was always a knife guy and always had one in my pocket, but until I got involved in guns and consequently gun forums, I didn't know what good was.

SOG's just feel cheap to me. Mine broke pretty badly and not even from hard use. Just light use and daily carry.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Sog is a good example of a once upon a time quality knife maker, that now makes a lesser product and relies on it's name to sell knives.

I have had mostly good luck with Kershaw. The ones I have managed to break, KAI made it more than right. Zero Tolerance IMO, is the biggest value in the commercial knife world.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Love my Kershaw Leek! I'm on number 2; number one walked away after I cut open some boxes after we moved into our new office (work).

coachwill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    Well I personally have had a SOG Pentagon Elite 2 for about 10 years now. It is absolutely the best folder that I have ever used and I have used several others since owning this one. I keep it on me/nearby 100% of the time.

YMMV on what you like but I tend to stick with knives that function for me flawlessly in multiple environments from water to woods to muck to sand and heat to cold.

Top Bottom