Got a New Old Spyderco folder - now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Not a big knife nut but always have a pocket knife or two on me or in my car. I'm very partial to Sypderco because I got my first back in the "ClipIt" days and all the men in our family got one of those "new fangled" knives.

Just acquired (not telling how, long story but legal) a spidie that I hadn't seen before. Back in the day I just stuck with my original "knife with a hole in in" and didn't go any farther. Got more than a couple now, and now this ....

SpydercoKnife_zps8937f2a9.jpg

I don't know if I should just keep it or sell it. I'm guessing it was made years ago (I'm told it's older and "discontinued"). I'll be googling I guess but just thought I'd throw this out there.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I just figured I would be the first to say it. Actually, I like serrated edges but around here it makes you an outcast.

I have a theory why may hate serrated edges.
    It's nearly impossible to sharpen them and make them look anything like new. But there are cutting situations when a straight edge would be better, I'm sure.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The only serrated knife I've ever cared for was a bread knife. Everything else I can do as well or better with a plain edge. And it's a HELL of a lot easier to keep sharp. Can't strop your serrated edge on your newspaper or belt :D

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Never perfected the art of sharpening knives, mainly because I am still new to it all. Would love to learn now that I have started collecting. Unfortunately outside of cyberspace no one else shares my addiction.

RipkinC

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    Indy
    I'v got one, they are a nice little knife. Originally developed back in the 90's and quickly became popular with the backpacking crowd. The things are amazingly light and like all spydercos hold an edge rather well (lets not start a who holds it better conversation)
    They were $60+ back than and I was searching for them again a few years back and saw them going used for $100+ Now mind you with the "lightning" of the blade and handel they are not the strongest to pry etc with but for backpacking and climbing they rock and with the full serrations they can cut rope like butter (when sharp, duh)

Top Bottom