Got a present the other day, but should I get this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    My best friends chipped in and gave me a gift card for my graduation present, so I went to Bradis and chose the Diamondback 9mm. I'll be picking it up as soon as I figure out how to convert a gift card to cash. I realize this is a new gun, but has anyone had any experience with it? Or have you purchased a gun that was new to the market and had a negative experience? I talked to one dealer today and he expressed some concern about reliability, but I have a gut feeling that it's the right gun for me. I hope it's not just gas from the food at the 1500. :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvokdjuKM3k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvokdjuKM3k[/ame]

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll be sorry with the DB...

Just look at all the less-than-stellar reviews of their .380.

They can't do that little pistol right, no way I'd ever even want to attempt a "real caliber" pistol from the same company.

You can do better, man!

-J-

ETA: I'd much rather invest in a Kahr CM-9 than a DB9 ,even though the Kahr is more expensive.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll be picking it up as soon as I figure out how to convert a gift card to cash.

That's easy... just buy gas and groceries and other stuff you have to buy with the gift card (assuming its a credit card type gift card) and then go buy the gun with $$$ you would have spent :D. I know we already had this discussion but it is really too bad that Bradis doesn't take these cards. I know its the decision of the owners, but other gun stores I have been to take them without any issue.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You'll be sorry with the DB...

Just look at all the less-than-stellar reviews of their .380.

They can't do that little pistol right, no way I'd ever even want to attempt a "real caliber" pistol from the same company.

You can do better, man!

-J-

ETA: I'd much rather invest in a Kahr CM-9 than a DB9 ,even though the Kahr is more expensive.

I've not heard many bad reviews on their .380, but I will take a look. Those I know who own them have reported them to be great little pocket guns. :dunno:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have heard mixed reviews about the DB380. I have heard of many problems with them, and I have also heard a few good reviews about them. The negative reviews I have heard far out number the positive, but this is not personal experience just what I have heard. I do really like the look and feel of the DB handguns and would not mind having one, but I have too many other items higher on my list right now.

I took a chance on a new handgun manufacturer a few years back and had a few issues that my gunsmith had to take care of. Now the gun performs flawlessly, but it was frustrating at first. I knew it was a gamble and the one I purchased was within the first 800 serial numbers produced. I already had several handguns at the time and was willing to take the chance on it. If you already have a dependable handgun and your gut tells you to go with this then I say go for it. If it were to be a first handgun purchase for someone I usually advise against a new manufacturer or new line. Just my :twocents: Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

Top Bottom