• ...and so much more!
  • sumphead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Avon, IN
    GotGasW.jpg

I am also a guitar geek. GAS is a term used by guitar geeks as an acronym for "GUITAR ACQUISITION SYNDROME" I have quickly found after hanging with you guys lately I find, much to my wife's dismay. I have terrible GAS...

Gun Acquisition Syndrome: A serious illness where as an individual becomes impressed with others knowledge and ownership of firearms leaving the infected person with the desire to find and purchase said weaponry. Not to be confused with Gun Envy, but a desire for more gun knowledge and thus want to purchase them ALL!

I am surprised not to have seen more cases of GAS in this community. I sure hope I am not the only one as it is extremely contagious and I hope I have not infected the entire community.

Do not hide your afflictions. Own it and be proud. While a new purchase may calm the symptoms for some time, it usually returns.

I HAVE GAS AND I AM PROUD!

:rockwoot:

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I am a guitarist, classical, and found my "perfect" guitar about 3 years ago and sold all my other guitars.

Now, for guns, it is an illness of epic proportion. I dreamed of owning an AK. I owned many and now I own none. I dreamed of a Garand. I got a beautiful one then sold it. I wanted a Kimber Grand Raptor II. I got it! (then traded it about 6 weeks later) I am quickly learning that my list of guns that I will never sell is slowly growing. I bought many guns and quickly found something wrong with them.

I have also learned that THE THING that will make me happy seldom does. This is why I have not bought a piston AR, an AR10, Rem 700, etc.

ubertux

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Tell City
    I have found out that the guy at the local gun shop is an enabler for this disorder, however I find it very difficult to condemn him.

Top Bottom