• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Punts it firmly out of the slicer category, which is all I really do. I lost my taste for thick knives a while ago but I would still use INFI every once in a while if I could get it in a useful pattern.

It's a full height flat grind, so that edge narrows down pretty quick it would seem. I want one. Seems like a good way to see if INFI is worth the hype without giving up the family jewels.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Punts it firmly out of the slicer category, which is all I really do. I lost my taste for thick knives a while ago but I would still use INFI every once in a while if I could get it in a useful pattern.

I know what you mean. I have a Steelheart that I use quite a bit...for an expensive entry tool at work. I've been looking to replace it with a more maneagable blade and am leaning hard toward an ESEE 5 ( I know it's not the same catagory of knife as the Steelheart) and an ESEE 3-MIL for an EDC.

I haven't seen a Bussekin with a blade shape I'm interested in as of late. Most of the Swamprat and Scrapyard knives I've seen have that resiprene handle that doesn't interest me even though I did like the original Busse basic line.

I will say that INFI takes a HELL of a beating, though. I've pounded that Steelheart into door frames with a sledge and pryed doors open, used it as a wedge to split wood, cut welded wire fencing, and a bunch of other idiotic things that there are better tools for and have never had a problem with the knife other than breaking the micarta handle.

Edited to add that I missed the Scrapivore. That one looks like a good little hard use knife.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    But not if you didn't get your order in. ;)

They sold out the last one this morning.
    Yeah.. They usually sell out pretty quick over there. It's like ya gotta get lucky and hit it at the right time. The only thing in stock on a regular basis anymore is the Scrapivore line.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom